Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Under the upside-down sky
02-20-2012, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2012 02:16 PM by fontedivina.)
Under the upside-down sky
Hi, everybody! Ylinlove

It's me again with a new story Shy This story is quite different from what I've posted here before. It's a fantasy, and one of the main heroes was inspired by my favorite Kelly, of course. Although this time there are only some features, that I've taken to creat my own hero. Anyway, I hope you'll like it! Here's a prologue.

And one more. The names should be pronounced exactly how they are spelled! And at first I'll put the emphasis on the stressed syllables yes

[Image: 0a996603ecff.png]

Fell in love with an alien,
Fell in love with her eyes,
Fell in love with an alien,
Telling you no disguise…

PROLOGUE

Areas sighed deeply and gently put his guitar aside. His long-term mission here was about to come to an end, and actually he was supposed to be happy and to make plans for the nearest future. But instead of looking forward to his soon return to the place, where he has not been since his early childhood, and where his soul was longing for so much, Areas felt growing excitement and anxiety. Perhaps, it was because of these terrible events at Al Maak, which could put into despair even the most hopeless optimists, but the young man realized, that the real reason was different. And though the pain of this loss has long subsided, and the time has healed his wounds, yet the scars still ached, and Areas suffered again.
Why did those memories, which he has been driving so thoroughly and for so long to the farthest corner of his heart, now try hard to break out and disrupt this fragile peace of his mind? Why did he think again and again about the beautiful fair-haired girl, who was smiling at him, while the light swing raised her to the skies? Why did he keep on tormenting himself, remembering the same girl dressed in the High priestess’s cloths? She smiled again, though the sacrificers cut her thin fingers, and her red blood in large drops fell directly on the goddess stone statue, and all the priests, assassins and slaves, frozen on their knees, watched spellbound as the scarlet drops were slowly running down on the yellow sand.
This picture has imprinted so deep in Areas’s visionary memory, and now after many years he could hardly understand, if he had seen it for real, or the girl in a Nhali’s temple was just a game of his sick imagination…

Areas woke up from a hard push and realized, that the van has stopped. He didn’t notice, how he dozed off, and in his dream he again saw a teenage girl dressed as a goddess Nhali’s high priestess. This dream began to bother him, because it repeated so often, that it had to mean something! Moreover, the most of all Areas was annoyed, that this dream was always interrupted at the same place. He could not remember, whether has he really seen, what happened to the girl after she was officially recognized as the High priestess, and all the inhabitants of the temple and the congregation greeted her. Every time he woke up in terror, just when the new priestess was about to raise her eyes. Probably, there was something wrong. He wanted so much to find it out! Although it was unlikely, that he had time to do this. They all had very little time left...
- Staying for ten minutes! - Areas heard a juggler Elhan’s shrill shout. Apparently, this time Ingvar let him sit on the box.
Areas sharply pulled back the dense curtain and deftly dropped to the ground. Gray clouds were gathering at the tender-green late afternoon sky. It was a bad sign, which, however, the circus tried to ignore. The dancer named Bozhana was already feeding the horses, quietly whispering something to them, and the young man smiled as he saw it.
- It is necessary to bring some water, - Tayara said, handing him a large bucket. Areas readily took it. - We must take off before the rain, so don’t be late, - added the girl, and he preferred not to notice that long and meaningful look, which she gave to him.
Areas has always been a loner, and even in this narrow circle of his colleagues in the craft he had no close friends. Blond beauty Tayara certainly wanted to be more than a friend to him, but in the few years, they spent together as part of a traveling circus, she did not succeed. Skinny dark-haired guy, composing beautiful songs and being able with his radiant smile to melt the city unapproachable beauties’ hearts and traditional village matrons’ as well, remained completely indifferent to an attractive leggy circus-girl’s charms. Although actually they should stick together, because between Areas and Tayara there was much more in common, than it seemed at first glance.
Areas moved at a fair distance into the woods and, having made sure, that no one followed him, pulled out of a large bag, slung over his shoulder, a small device. Clicking the button, he waited a second, until the screen turned on, and then began typing something fast on a tiny keyboard. After finishing, he went down to the creek and got a full bucket of ice cold water.
When Areas returned, the gray clouds above his head looked very threatening.
- Come on! – Elhan hurried. - Climb in the van, musician, we’re leaving! The storm is catching up with us, so hurry. In the morning we should be in Temekkey! It is still safe in there...
Thoughtful Tayara was waiting impatiently for Areas in the van.
- Will you play? - she asked, handing him a guitar.
He took the instrument silently and without even glancing at the girl, who bit her lip with mortification. However, as soon as he hit the strings, she immediately forgot about everything around. This guy was talented in everything, that he was doing...

to be continued....

P.S.I'll be happy to know your first impressions, dear readers! Please, if you read, leave your comment, your opinion is very important for the author yes

You're my well of a living water...
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
AnaJerónimo (02-27-2012), claudine (02-20-2012)
02-20-2012, 01:44 PM
RE: Under the upside-down sky
Well, the prolog is very promising Smile
I'm looking forward to the first chapter Happy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to claudine for this post:
fontedivina (02-20-2012)
02-21-2012, 07:10 AM
So, here's the first chapter!

CHAPTER 1

Her right cheek blazed with fire, so much that it couldn’t be touched, and Keyla, not feeling her feet, ran to the river, hoping to cool the fire with cold water. She was tired of getting beaten for no reason by her stepfather and stepmother, and her own hands itched terribly, willing to fight back her offenders, but the girl couldn’t decide on doing this yet. Although Higelak – an older stepbrother and the only one in this family, who ever saw a human being and a person in her - has taught her to fight. Not so good as boys, surely, but now Keyla could, at least, stand up for her honor.
It all started when one of the neighborhood guys named Heremod, dragged her into the barn, threw her on the fragrant hay and tried to get under her skirt. Keyla was very scared, and even, to her own shame, burst into tears and begged Heremod to let her go, but it did not work. She was only saved by the sudden appearance of his father, who, after learning about the incident, knocked his foolish scion with a switch for quite a long. Keyla rushed home blubbered, in torn clothes, and Higelak offered to teach her self-defense.
- If you are grabbed from behind, try to set your elbows free, - he said, showing to the girl the simplest methods of unarmed combat. – An elbow – especially girl’s sharp one – is a terrible weapon, that boys do underestimate! Beat your attacker with an elbow in the face or - even better – in his eyes!
Keyla was a good student and she learned her brother’s lessons well. When the irrepressible Heremod tried to attack her again, he met with such a strong, and - most importantly - an unexpected rebuff, so the unlucky rapist got what he deserved.
Adoptive parents were another case, and Keyla couldn’t take courage to beat them, although they raised their hands at her almost every day.

She often thought of what her life would have been, if her real parents wouldn’t have been dead, and she would have lived with them. The girl lost them, when she was twelve, and now she was nineteen, but all these years Keyla remembered her mother and father’s beautiful faces, glowing with kindness and love. Her adoptive parents may have been quite good people and loved their own children, but Keyla hasn’t become one of them. Sometimes she wondered, why they have adopted her at all, if they didn’t accept her as a daughter? Two stepsisters used her as a maid, and the brothers didn’t treat her much better. Only Higelak loved Keyla and treated her like a sister. Apparently, he had the kindest heart. If it were not for Higelak, Keyla would have long run away from the hated house.
Keyla’s sisters were the girls of marriageable age, and almost all the time they spent near the mirror. They decorated their faces, did their hair and tried on new clothes - these were their favorite activities. The elder one - Aina – was already twenty-two, but no one still made her a proposal. Keyla thought, that her terrible character was the reason of it. Aina hated everyone around, and especially - the other girls, and absolutely had no friends. People reciprocated her. Aina had a very high opinion about herself, and said, that she would marry only a prince, or, at worst, a duke.
The second sister - Aila - was not as beautiful and haughty, as the eldest, and treated Keyla a little better. But, growing up, she looked more at her older sister and repeated everything, that Aina did.
Dresses and hairstyles were not supposed for Keyla, she wore her sisters' cast-offs, and as for her long fair hair (very thick and soft), she collected them in a modest braid, which she hid under a scarf. Sometimes she wondered, whether the neighbor guys, that her sisters had fun with, found her attractive, but Keyla has learned to cope with such an indecent curiosity. She remembered about her place in the family, although she didn’t accept this situation. It seemed unfair to her, but yet she continued to endure and put up meekly with ridiculous accusations and with ruthless and causeless assault.
In spite of everything, Keyla remained a hopeless optimist and, although in this time no one believed in miracles any more, she still hoped, that one fine day everything would change for the better. However, her hope melted like a burning candle, once she saw again forever drunken stepfather's red face and his hand, raised to hit...

Well, there shouldn’t be more tears! The girl forced herself to forget about her stepfather and think about something pleasant. What a good cabbage they were having this year! Actually, the harvest would be great - everyone was talking about it, and therefore there would be a lot of work... But it’s all better, than recalling of unfair slaps in such a wonderful day of Harvester - the last summer month!
Keyla sighed deeply, as if an old lady, tired of life, and went home, knowing, that her absence would be noticed very soon, and then a new punishment would follow. And how she wanted to spend a little more time on the river! But the work in the garden, the cows and assistance to her sisters in their such important girlish matters were waiting for her.
When Kayla came back to the garden and was about to continue her work, someone called her from the street. It was Meola, the girl, who Keyla, perhaps, could even call her friend. She lived in the house next door, and the girls kept company from an early age. Growing up, Keyla felt a growing difference between her and Meola, and this difference was not in their social situation, but in desires, that the girls had. Meola, like the other village girls, wanted only beautiful dresses, guys’ attention and a successful marriage. Keyla wanted much more. In contrast to those, who surrounded her in Temekkey, she looked not at her feet, but at the sky and stars.
Inside her there lived a longing (quite incomprehensible to herself) to the unknown, she wanted to look beyond the horizon, she wanted to leave Temekkey for something else, calling her at night. Of course, Keyla guessed, that it was her parents’ inheritance, and it seemed not to be the worst, though it was not material. Her parents certainly were unusual people, and Keyla felt, that she was born too for something more, than a boring life in the village. Only dream about guys like Aina, Aila and Meola did - oh Nhali, what a boredom! And over the years Meola became more boring. Then she’s found herself a boyfriend from a wealthy family and was terribly proud of it. Her parents were not rich, and Meola dreamed of a rich husband, because it was supposed to be like this (and she has never deviated from the standard rules). Her chosen one’s face did not look much nicer than a boar, and Keyla didn’t approve of her choice, but the common opinion and temekkeyish girls’ envy were more important for Meola.
Recently they even had not much to talk about, except for the neighborhood boys, and this topic was not very interesting for Keyla.
- What are you doing? – Meola asked, although she saw perfectly well, that Keyla was going to start weeding badly overgrown garden beds.
- I’m working, - Keyla said, finishing eating a ripe apple, taken straight from the branch. - As always.
- Halfdan asked me tonight to go to Glitnir! – Meola informed, and her eyes lit up with fire so bright, as if she was invited at least to the royal palace, but not in a neighboring village, which was different from their native Temekkey as one drop of water differs from the other.
Halfdan was the name of Meola’s boyfriend. Perhaps, on the occasion of a planned visit to the neighboring village the girl made a new hairdo – she braided her long blonde hair in many little braids and fixed them at the back of her head with a bright ribbon.
- There will be dancing, - she went on and her eyes glowed dreamily. - Come with us! May be someone will pay attention to you!
Keyla finished her apple and threw a stub into Meola.
- You know, that they won’t let me go! - she exclaimed angrily. That didn’t upset her much, but she was more annoyed by the fact, that Meola knew about it and every time pretended not to remember.
- It's a pity, - she said. – So this way you’ll never get married? Will you spend all your life living with your parents?
According to Meola's tone there couldn’t be more terrible punishment.
- Anyway they will always need a maid, - Keyla smirked, sitting down for weeding carrots. - However, one day I will take courage to run away!
Meola burst into laughing and her braids trembled.
- There you go again! You will run, of course! Where will you run? You can’t even run to a neighbor village for dancing!
Meola left, and her last words kept on ringing in Keyla’s ears. But the girl was damn right! How much longer could she tolerate these so-called relatives’ abuses? For how long has she been telling that "one day she’d run away," and how much more time would she need to really "take courage"? And Meola was right in something else: where could she go? She had neither money, nor relatives in other places, that could help her with support.

What a sad day today, - Keyla could not help thinking, while her hands, accustomed to this work, pulled up the evil weeds. May be she should really listen to Meola and go with her to Glitnir for dancing, defying parental restrictions? Surely, she would be beaten hard after that, but she could prove to everyone, and – the most importantly – to herself, that she could be useful for anything other than weeding...
Her inner voice told Keyla, that she should wait a little more, just a bit. She supposed this voice also as her mother's and father's inheritance, and in her whole life it has never failed her, always warning and premonitory. The girl decided to listen to it one more time.

to be continued...

02-21-2012, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2012 10:07 AM by Corry.)
@Fonte wowww, another very talented girl Ylinlove
The prologue and first chapter are indeed very promising. I'm sure this is gonna be a beautiful story Ylinlove

Ohhh Poor Keyla Friends First she sadly lost her parents and now she's treated as a Cinderella by her steph-family woeful
I'm happy that at least she's supported by Higelak Hail
Hopefully she'll find love and happiness soon Hail

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Corry for this post:
fontedivina (02-21-2012)
02-21-2012, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2012 10:35 AM by fontedivina.)
@Corry, thank you for your comment flower I'm so glad that you're reading, because I'm afraid that not everyone likes fantasy stories... But I decided to take a risk Happy

BTW, I didn't think that it might remind of Cinderella shock I really should have changed the number of Keyla's step-sisters Roflmao

02-22-2012, 08:11 PM
I totaly agree with Corry,
and as usually I can't wait for the next capture.

Thanks so much for your new story, Katia Luxhello
fontedivina (02-23-2012)
02-23-2012, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2012 01:26 PM by fontedivina.)
As I see, not many people here like fantasy stories Nixweiss

Thank you, @claudine Ylinlove Here's a new chapter.

CHAPTER 2

The next day Keyla learned the bad news. Heavy gray clouds, all day long swirling over in the east, heralded of a rainy season approaching. But everyone knew well, that it would have to come much later. Something in the atmosphere has certainly shifted from its usual orbit, although the people of the planet Al Maak were no more surprised by such discrepancies. The nature in the past few years seemed to have turned mad and unleashed her wrath on the people in a variety of disasters and calamities. Abnormal heat and bad frost, the eruption of the volcanoes, that were asleep for thousands of years, deadly tornadoes - all of these have become so usual, that no one hardly paid attention to the reports about another ruined city.
However, all this was happening far away yet, and the continent, where Temekkey was situated, still stayed away from these terrible events. And now it seemed, that this wave has reached them, but nobody wanted to believe it. Those, who have passed terrible news from mouth to mouth, were trying to laugh and pretend, that nothing special happened. But they didn’t succeed much in it. In fact, people were extremely concerned about the early coming of a rainy season, because farmers were unable to harvest their crops. This would turn out to be a hungry winter for Temekkey inhabitants. Although, it could be the least of all the possible troubles.
Nhali priests, after losing their power and becoming outlaws once again, proclaimed, that this was the beginning of the end. The goddess got angry at people, who have stopped worshiping her, and doomed Al Maak to repeat the fate of its dead twin-planet.

Keyla sighed hard, thinking about it. Will this time the priests be right, and will the end of the world really come? She didn’t want to die at all, and thinking about it was unpleasant, but the girl heard such talks from her adoptive parents again and again. They, in their turn, learned the news from fellow villagers in the market. All this created an oppressive atmosphere.
Keyla sighed again and went back to weeding of the beds. She still had a lot of work, but she was used to it.
- Here she is! – at hearing full of contempt and dissatisfaction voice, Keyla shrugged with surprise and mistakenly pulled a small red carrot together with a weed. Damn it! She quickly tried to push the carrot back in the ground, but Aina was already by her side. - Why didn’t you wash my blue dress? - she asked indignantly, piercing Keyla with the sharp needles of her angry dark eyes. - What do I have to wear for a dancing tonight?
Keyla had many things to tell to her stepsister, but she understood perfectly well, that she still wouldn’t listen, and if she suddenly would, she wouldn’t understand. So, it wasn’t worthy to waste precious words for Aina, and the girl said nothing, causing a new outburst of indignation.
- I’m gonna complain to my mummy! – Aina exclaimed, stung by this silence. - Let her punish you again for disobedience!
She stamped her foot, apparently to scare Keyla and went away with her chin raised high. Keyla was looking after her, wondering, how could such a poor brain live in such a beautiful head. Aina ran to complain her “mummy” for any reason, and Keyla had no doubts, that she will be punished again, but now nothing could dislodge this rebellious spirit, storming in her heart. She knew, that this couldn’t go on forever, and she wouldn’t always serve to those people, who have never even thanked her. She looked up at the sky and knew, that one day she would be very far away from Temekkey and its narrow-minded and boring small people.

Continuing weeding, Keyla stopped thinking about boring Aina, and began to think about the goddess Nhali. She was considered as the ancestress of life on Al Maak, and many generations worshiped her. Only a few hundred years ago there appeared some people, who decided, that al-maakish inhabitants have lived long enough under the old religion pressure and it was time to abolish it. This caused a great split, which, in its turn, divided the society into two parts.
At first there were not many supporters of the new order, who have refused to worship Nhali and stopped to attend her temples, but over the years, their number was growing. The governments have long concealed the information about the true situation on the planet, until the unbelievers got the power. For some time at Al Maak there established a new system, and the Nhali temples were pillaged, destroyed and burned, and its sacrificers and priests were mercilessly killed.
Then the control changed several times, taken in rotation by the Nhali adherents – followers of the old religion, and then by the hands of anarchists, denying any faith. Certainly, this was written in many Al Maak’s history textbooks, but Keyla was sure, that her sisters were hardly aware of it. While the planet was constantly torn apart by political conflicts, they were occupied with very different problems. In contrast to the step-relatives, Keyla never went to school, but, nevertheless, she was far more educated than them. The shepherd named Eskhar, who was her best friend, taught her. Once he was a priest in one of the Nhali temples, but during the persecution he fled, and to avoid death he was forced to change his occupation. He also said, that everything that was happening, was the result of the great goddess’s anger. Keyla was inclined to believe him.

However, she was not quite defined in the questions of faith. Adoptive parents have not visited the Nhali temples and brought up their children without respect for the old religion. And yet for some reasons Keyla believed, that once Nhali actually existed at Al Maak. Who she was - whether a divine creation or just a very clever woman, who managed to subjugate the people around her, and created an entire doctrine, she didn’t know. Keyla often thought about it, and all because of those dreams, that did not leave her alone.
She always saw them – the dreams about a temple burning, statues broken and priests running. These dreams were extremely realistic, so that Keyla could smell the scent of the fire and there in her ears loud cries for help were ringing. It seemed, that she herself was screaming too and then woke up from this heart-rending cry.
Other dreams were even worse, because there she saw herself lying on a stone altar. Huge scorpions were crawling to her from every side, and their deadly stings were aimed directly at her.
After these dreams - exhausting for her body and soul, Keyla felt very strange all day long.
She would like to know, what they meant! The most surprising was the consistency with which the dreams came. It certainly mattered, but Keyla was afraid to even guess, what it mattered. She didn’t dare to tell about these dreams even to Eskhar, though perhaps he could help her figure it out. Only now she was not sure, that she wanted to figure it out. She knew, that she had some kind of connection to Nhali, and it was very frightening. Probably, in this case it would be better not to know anything at all, but Keyla was convinced, that one day she would find out everything. The day, when she would be strong and confident enough to understand it.

to be continued....

02-23-2012, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2012 05:28 PM by elftunde.)
aaaaaaaaaaaawww, i love it so far!!!!!!!!! VEry good Fonte!!!!!!!!! Wink Ylinlove
Can`t wait when the two young ones will meet each other and possibly recognize each other from their dreams! aaaahhh THank you!!! It is clear that Areas will save Keyla from the things that will happen in the church that will be on fire... but i don`t know nothing yet, i`m just curious, so hurry up with the next chapter, please!! Big Grin

``Will you know that i`m who need you, I`m so hungry for your love!``

02.05. 1997 Budapest The Kelly Family - 28.12. 1997 Budapest The Kelly Family
23.07. 1999 Budapest The Kelly Family - 13.12. 2011 Dortmund Stille Nacht
29.04. 2012 Budapest Angelo Kelly - 31.05. 2012 Dusseldorf Paddy Kelly (AGAPE)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to elftunde for this post:
fontedivina (02-24-2012)
02-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Thank you, @Tunde! I'm so glad, that you like my story! Ylinlove And I'm glad that it makes you curious. Yeah, they will meet soon and there will be a lot of adventures in their future! As for the next chapter, I'll post it tomorrow yes

02-24-2012, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2012 01:39 PM by claudine.)
I totaly agree with Tunde, I love your story Ylinlove
i wished, it would be saturday right now Big Grin
fontedivina (02-24-2012)
02-25-2012, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 10:20 AM by fontedivina.)
From this chapter you will know more about Keyla, Eskhar and situation at Al Maak. It is quite long as almost all the chapters of this story.

CHAPTER 3

Keyla was lying on the soft grass carpet, thoughtfully studying the pale green sky, which has spread its vast canopy over her. Ugly gray clouds, staying in the east, seemed to lurk in anticipation of the moment, when it would be possible to attack, but were no longer frightening.
Next to the girl, also staring into the deep green of the sky, lay her best friend Eskhar. The brown-haired man in his thirty was occupied with herding of temekkeyish cows, and this morning Keyla brought her small herd to the green meadow as well. After a good dinner the cows lay down to rest, and the shepherds were able to relax a bit too, what was very handy.
Eskhar brought Keyla a new book, and after reading the girl was making pencil sketches in a small notebook. She had an artistic talent, and Eskhar, who liked Keyla’s pictures, has noticed it long ago. She painted everything, she saw around her, often - pictures of a beautiful temple with a statue of Nhali, but now she wanted to paint something, what she has just read about.
The book told about four important artifacts, which originally belonged to Nhali. A shield, a sword, a ring and a crown - four symbols of the great authorities, and many people at Al Maak dreamed of possessing them. And although it was believed, that only the High Priestess could own these magical things, there were many, who wanted to try their luck in the search. People were often attracted by power and strength - especially the weak ones. However, none was lucky enough to find a single artifact. At least, until this day...

- Eskhar, you were a priest, were you not initiated into this knowledge? - asked the girl, rising on her elbow and attentively studying his serene face. – Did only the High Priestess really know it? Certainly, there ought to be those, to whom it was opened as well...
At hearing this question, the shepherd turned on his belly, looked at Keyla’s sketches and leaned his face with his hands.
- I knew, that you’d be interested in these artifacts. The one, who gathered all four, would be able to rule the world, - he grinned. - But no, Keyla, I know no more about them, than others do. According to legend, Nhali’s sword - Skeving - is located in a cave, guarded by a terrible fire-breathing dragon. The shield - Holger - lies at the bottom of the deepest river, and the mermaids keep it. The crown - Aueh – is stored in the crater of a volcano in the Celestial Mountains, and the ring - Emblu... it was lost forever, - Eskhar added sadly.
Listening to these words, Keyla felt goose bumps all over her body. She wanted awfully to see these famous attributes of the goddess!
- But since no one could find a single artifact, may be they simply do not exist? - she suggested, but the shepherd gave her a disgruntled look.
- They just won’t show to the uninitiated, - he said. - Foolish people rush to find them, not realizing, that these things shouldn’t belong to them... Many brave men died, trying to get them. Read more, it’s all written in the book...

Keyla’s adoptive parents would be very surprised to learn, that the girl could read at all. However, they were never interested, while Eskhar has taught her to read and write long ago. Somehow, instinctively driven to it, he was able to recognize in the poor orphan an extraordinary intellect and taught her a lot. He liked, that Keyla had longing for knowledge and wanted something more, than a life of an ordinary citizen in Temekkey. When she still could not read, he told her stories about other countries at Al Maak, talked about the past and present and was always amazed by the bright fire, glowed in her eyes.
Keyla did not hide her thrust to everything new and unknown. She wanted to visit those countries, Eskhar told her about, and see the interesting places, about which a little later she read in the books, that he brought her.
- I won’t stay in Temekkey, - she liked to repeat, and Eskhar was ready to believe her. He didn’t say Keyla about it, but he was sure, that there was a bright life waiting for her. So he was happy to help this unusual girl find her way.
- One day you’ll know, where to go, - he kept on saying, and Keyla eagerly caught every word, because nobody ever talked to her so seriously. – Just look up at the sky!
And Keyla did look.
There was so much beauty around her, that she couldn’t get enough. All this made her feel something, she had never felt before.
- Why does it hurt, when I see something beautiful? - she asked Eskhar. - Why do I feel like crying, when I admire something beautiful?
- Because beauty is so fragile and prone to decay and death, - her friend replied. - You want to keep it, but it fades like a flower in your hands...

From Eskhar’s books she has learned a lot. It turned out, that Al Maak had a twin-planet, which was dead for thousands of years already. Long ago there was life too, the plants were growing and the animals lived, but for some reason once the planet perished and now it was empty and cold. The scientists from Al Maak could not find a reasonable explanation. Nhali’s priests claimed, that people, who lived on the twin-planet, angered the great goddess, and she punished them by sending pestilence, famine and natural disasters. From now on, if something bad happened on Al Maak, the bad influence of the twin was always seen in it. It was believed, that its proximity was dangerous, and with the years this danger increased because of the attraction between the two planets. They were getting closer to each other more and more.
History and astrology were not the only subjects, that Eskhar taught Keyla. He told her a lot about geography, biology, mathematics and other sciences. The girl took a lively interest in any subject, but especially she was fond of books, telling about the great kings of the past. Keyla just fell in love with them and, having read them, promised herself, that she would surely repeat their fate. She did not know yet, how a poor orphan would do that, but something deep inside her prompted: it would be so.

Some time ago Eskhar, an attractive young man, did not even think about becoming a shepherd. Few people knew, that he was a priest in the goddess Nhali temple. He spent his entire life there, until the looters destroyed it. Having survived miraculously, Eskhar escaped, wandered for some time and starved. Arriving at Temekkey, he hired to graze a local herd and eventually stayed in this rich village. He lived there for several years, but kept aloof and people were not very fond of him. But not Keyla.

- Don’t you want to return to your temple and be a priest again? – she asked, when he told her about it for the first time.
- I lost my temple, - the shepherd replied sadly. - This was my home, so now I am doomed to wander.
- So, one day you’re gonna leave Temekkey? – the girl asked, not hiding her disappointment.
- Some day this will happen, - he confirmed. – But in the meantime I’m staying here.
Keyla was always surprised, how modestly he lived and with how little he was satisfied.
- Why don’t you want to get married? - she asked, once remarking the interest, with which one of the local girls looked at the handsome shepherd. Eskhar only smiled in response.
- I was a priest and I brought a vow of celibacy, - he said. - I can not retreat. Those, who once swore an oath of loyalty to Nhali, can love only the great goddess.
- But they say, that Nhali has long left our people, - Keyla said, repeating her adoptive parents’ words. - She no longer answers the prayers, she doesn’t hear it, because she isn’t here any more.
This time Eskhar’s smile turned mysterious.
- Nhali hears everything, - he said. - And she will let us know about her.

On that day they suddenly came back to this conversation.
- Is it true, that the strange events, taking place at Al Maak - is just the beginning? – Keyla asked, anxiously looking at her friend. - They say, that all these disasters and catastrophes will destroy our planet.
- The death of Al Maak is described in one of our sacred books, - Eskhar nodded. - It has been predicted at the very moment, when the life was just born. You’ve read about the twin-planet, have you? Its local inhabitants became too proud, they felt themselves equal to the gods, and they were punished. The same will happen to us. Everything repeats, Keyla.
The girl shivered, feeling the cold wind, blowing from the north. She was scared. A calm and grace dominated around them, and it was impossible to believe in something bad, and yet the air was suffused with threat...
- Is it true? – Keyla required. – Do you really believe it?
- I'll give you this book, - the shepherd said. - There are prophecies, made by the first Nhali High Priestess, who was the mother of all the other priestesses. Al Maak is doomed, unless it can be saved by a Nhali heiress, but she is not among the living! They were all slaughtered, so we have no hope...
- But why were they slaughtered? - Keyla didn’t see the serene landscapes any more, because before her eyes the burning temple appeared again, and in her ears the cries for help sounded.
- Because people are mean and stupid, - Eskhar grinned. – They have made their choice. They can’t be saved now.
- So are we all gonna die? – the girl asked confusedly.
Eskhar kept silent, looking pensively into somewhere. He could tell her, that the world's largest cities have already been destroyed by earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis, that the disaster unmercifully expanded across continents and only thanks to its good geographical position their continent still survived, but surely, not for long. He could, but he didn’t. Soon she would learn about all this.
When he looked at Keyla again, he suddenly noticed a birthmark on the right side of her neck, right behind the ear. Usually this place was closed by her hair, but now the girl threw her thick braid behind her back, and Eskhar was able to take a better look at a small spot, which she had from her birth. He couldn’t breathe. And why didn’t he ever notice, that this birthmark was very similar to...?

Excited and very anxious, Eskhar jumped to his feet.
- What happened? - Keyla asked, but so far he could not explain anything.
- I’ll be back soon! - he exclaimed, and hurried to his house. There, in a dark hut, from the bottom of a large iron-bound chest he took a very old book. His hands trembled so, that he could hardly turn the pages.
- Is it true? So, the old prophecies are true, - his lips muttered, and Eskhar stopped, because he’s found, what he looked for. It was a quatrefoil flower - a sign of the goddess Nhali. There were no more doubts – Keyla’s birthmark somehow had the same shape.
Eskhar have not seen this sign for as long time and even began to forget it. What did his unexpected finding mean?

Whatever it was, one thing was clear: Keyla was not an ordinary orphan, and she had such an inquisitive mind for good reason. Eskhar immediately vowed, that he would solve the mystery of her birthmark, he just had to do it! Keyla might be the one, whom Nhali priests have lost so many years ago and did not expect to find among the living any more. Of course, this was unlikely, but still Eskhar had to believe it. And feeling happy, that through all these years he has never for a moment stopped waiting for the return of Nhali, he began fervently reading the prayers to the great goddess.

to be continued...

P.S. In the next chapter you'll meet with Areas at last! yes

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
elftunde (02-26-2012)
02-27-2012, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2012 07:51 AM by fontedivina.)
CHAPTER 4

The next morning Keyla woke up very early and immediately began to draw. Her brothers and sisters were sleeping, and after the morning milking of the cows she could enjoy some relative quietness. She could draw, she could sit on the porch, studying the changing colors of the sky and she could think about something or dream. This was a wonderful morning time, belonging to her only, and Keyla loved it, but it always ended so quickly. Her stepmother soon would wake up and usual set of instructions would follow.
However, everything went great during this new day for Keyla, and all turned out good, as if someone invisible was helping her. She was in a positive mood and she was not even offended, when angry Aina torn the skirt of her old dress. Keyla just glanced a look at her paintings of Nhali’s sword, her shield, crown and ring, and she immediately began smiling. Perhaps, the real artifacts looked different, but for her they were exactly like that, and she couldn’t wait to show her paintings to Eskhar.

After breakfast excited Meola ran, as if a hurricane came. Choking with emotions, she said, that a real circus has arrived to the village.
This news stirred up everyone in the village, as the storm stirs the ocean, and soon the buzz was everywhere. In Temekkey there was not much entertainment, so the real circus seemed to villagers a gift from above. No one has seen anything like this here.
Meola chattered quicker than usually, beating all her previous records for number of words spoken per minute, and Keyla in the meantime began watering the beds (it had to be done before pretty hot Harvester’s suns would begin heating.)
- These guys are so cute! – Meola went on. – Can’t take my eyes off them!
- Watch out, Halfdan can deprive you of your eyes, - Keyla noticed grimly. – So that you couldn’t stare at anybody else!
- Let’s go to the market square! – Meola exclaimed, paying no attention to her friend’s sarcasm. – We’ll watch them setting the stage! And along the way I'll tell you, what I was doing with Halfdan yesterday after dancing on a haystack...
Keyla threw a regretful look at the unwatered beds.
- Oh, that was so sweet! – Meola continued to revel in her own eloquence, rolling her dreamy eyes at the same time.
Keyla looked at her doubtfully. Sweet with Halfdan, who had that awful smell from his mouth and didn’t have two front teeth? Meola has a very strange taste in men!
Finally, she made a decision.
- Okay, I'll go, but not for long, - she said, turning her back to the garden beds. - I hope, my absence won’t be noticed.
Her inner voice urged her to go, and she did not dare to disobey, and besides, she was curious to know, what a real circus looked like. On their way Meola told her, what circus people usually showed during their performances, and Keyla became even more curious.

Two brightly colored vans brought the artists to Temekkey. They stopped right at the main square next to the house of the elders and the market, and they have already set up their tent. The crowd of onlookers stood and stared at the two tall and muscular guys with naked, glistening with sweat, torsos, setting up a wooden platform, which, apparently, was to serve as a stage. Full of curiosity girls joined the crowd.
The guys were obviously brothers - they were so similar to each other, and their long hair was braided in two braids, that was unusual for Temekkey, where men have always cut their hair short. Circus men really looked much more attractive, than local ones, and Keyla agreed with Meola on that one. No man in Temekkey ever seemed handsome to her, but at the sight of strangers her heart began beating, like a drum. One of them was particularly good-looking. He had soft facial features, and his flowing light-brown hair reached his waist. He was dressed in a bright blue velvet blouse and in trousers of expensive cowhide. He held his head very proudly, and Keyla suggested to herself, that this young man ran the circus management.
Another circus guy, juggling a few oranges, looked quite a boy. His face was plump as a child’s, and his long blond hair was collected in a ponytail at the back of his head. Catching Keyla’s look, a young man smiled pleasantly, and she suddenly felt, as if she knew that smile. But this could not be true, it was the first time she saw each of these strangers!
From the one side of the stage the men hang a bright red velvet curtain, and Meola did not keep a breath of admiration.
- And they are rich! - she said. – Look, what a fabric! Can’t wait to see a show!
- It will be in the evening, - someone from the crowd replied.
- Oh, how could I live until evening? – Meola exclaimed impatiently. – What can I keep myself occupied with?
- Help me in the garden, - Kayla suggested, however, not expecting to get her friend’s approval. Meola took her words without enthusiasm, her pretty face twisted with anguish.
- I’d better come up with a new hairdo! - she said.
Keyla didn’t expect anything else, because Meola, just like her own step-sisters, wasn’t fond of working. She had the maids for it. Nevertheless, even this thought couldn’t spoil the girl’s mood on such a good day.
- I have to go, - she said to Meola. – I should have been back long ago.
- But you’ll come to see the show, won’t you? – her friend asked. Keyla shrugged, trying to stay calm.
- You know my folks…they may not let me go.

She turned to leave and then she was almost knocked down by a girl, who obviously was in such a hurry, so that she didn’t see Keyla and faced her literally nose to nose. Keyla has never seen such beautiful golden hair to the waist, such bright blue eyes (in Temekkey it was considered extremely beautiful to have them green – like the color of the sky) and such a gentle, looking like porcelain, skin. The girl was wearing a short tunic, tightly shaping her body, and her long open legs looked very unusual too.
- I’m sick of it! – the beauty was saying to a young man in a blue velvet blouse. The man made it clear, that he was trying to catch up with her, but particularly he wasn’t in a hurry. – I’m leaving! – she went on. – I’m sure, you’ll quickly replace me! At least you can take her! – the girl suddenly pointed at Keyla, who was dumbfoundedly staring at these unusual strangers, feeling like she was put into one of those stories, which she read in Eskhar’s books.
- Hey, Tayara, wait! - finally the long-haired man cried to her, and only then he noticed Keyla. - Hello, beautiful! - he said, and she could not help blushing because of this addressing. Yet no one has ever called her beautiful. Meola, standing next to her, became speechless because of amazement.
- What is your name? - long-haired asked, completely forgetting about the girl in a tunic. Keyla was surprised to understand, that he still addressed her, so she spasmodically swallowed and named herself.
- And I am the prince Ingvar, - the man bowed ceremoniously. – Will you come to see our show tonight? - and he looked at her with such an interest, that the girl was suddenly thrown into a fever, - as if she got into a hot and steamy bath.
- She will, - Meola got into their conversation and pushed her friend with her elbow. Keyla swallowed again, feeling her cheeks burn under the outspoken looks of someone, who called himself a prince. Nobody has ever watched her this way, and every cell of her body trembled with excitement.
- Wonderful! - Ingvar smiled and still rushed after Tayara, so Keyla could finally exhale.
- What a cutie! – Meola stated dreamingly.

Keyla was ready to go home and to dream quietly about the long-haired "prince" during her work in the garden, but surprises were not over yet. When they were leaving the square, her attention was drawn to some beautiful music. The melody was so wonderful, that Keyla’s heart ached, and she, almost without realizing, what she was doing, came closer to hear it better.
Here, behind a large road van, with his back to the onlookers, a guy was sitting right on the ground, playing a guitar and singing softly. Unknown languor made Keyla freeze and listen to this singing. All the other sounds didn’t exist any more, and the most beautiful melodies, that she had heard before, suddenly turned out to be a creaking of a wagon wheel. Without listening to Meola’s words, who demanded to finally go home, Keyla felt fascinated and just waited for the boy to finish his singing and to turn, so that she could see his face.
- Areas, stop dallying! Come and help us! - a sudden shout of the guys, setting the stage, made the singer stop, and Keyla winced. He put his guitar aside, got up and without turning his head he hastened to help his friends.
- His name is Areas, - she said quietly, unable to drive away a delusion, which was born of the most beautiful music in the world. She didn’t see a musician’s face, but it did not matter any more.

On that day Keyla was always lucky, and even her absence in the garden wasn’t noticed. She returned to her work with pleasure, because she really believed, that vegetables and fruits were only born tasty and useful, when they were cared about with love.
Pleasant anticipations crowded in Keyla’s chest, and remembering the tune, played by the unknown musician, she tried to sing it. And why was she so moved by this music and the man, whom she had never seen before?..

to be continued....

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
elftunde (02-28-2012)
02-27-2012, 09:37 AM
At first it took a while for me to understand the story, it seemed so confusing in the beginning..... But now I have read a few chapters, I love it! I'm already looking forward to the next chapter. I can already imagine the musician sing with his beautiful voice.....

[Image: 80e6.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DublinRose for this post:
fontedivina (02-27-2012)
02-27-2012, 10:58 AM
(02-27-2012 09:37 AM)Sandra Wrote:  At first it took a while for me to understand the story, it seemed so confusing in the beginning.....
Oh, I guess I know how to confuse people Big Grin I like to make everything complicated, but I think it's time for me to learn that the beginning of any story should be simple.
Thank you, @Sandra!

02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
hello fonte!

I missed your storys*... Very good beginning, i'm loving it*
It seems like a science fiction story, with a new planet, new names, new gods... very different and not so light, but i like it*
Kisses my dear and keep up the good job* Ylinlove

"Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause." Charles Chaplin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to AnaJerónimo for this post:
fontedivina (02-28-2012)
02-28-2012, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 06:51 AM by fontedivina.)
(02-27-2012 07:50 PM)AnaJerónimo Wrote:  hello fonte!

I missed your storys*... Very good beginning, i'm loving it*
It seems like a science fiction story, with a new planet, new names, new gods... very different and not so light, but i like it*
Kisses my dear and keep up the good job* Ylinlove

Hi, Ana, and thank you!
Yes, may be it's a little sci-fi, because I've even made some research while preparing for writing. I was looking for a planet for my story and I wanted this planet to exist really, so I've found this double star in the constellation of Andromeda Smile That's why there were two of them - planets-twins.
And although this story differs from what I've posted here before, I wrote space fantasy some years ago. And now I've decided to try something in this genre again, because it's rather boring for me to write always in one style.
I hope you'll like the rest of this story Ylinlove The next chapter comes very soon!

02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
ah, i don`t know why you guys saying it`s complicated or heavy, i understand everything perfectly, and CAN`T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, Fonte please! Will they recognise each other "tonight" or not???? Big Grin Aniheart

fontedivina (02-29-2012)
02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Elftunde- i don't mean heavy, but is different type of writting and i think the others is more like "Sveva Casati Modignani" type and this is more like (is difficult to find an author) research and novell and with a "suspense"... i like it... it makes that i stay with the story till the end... is like a movie... do you understand what i mean????

kisses

p.s.- i've the same question that Elftunde ask...

"Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause." Charles Chaplin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to AnaJerónimo for this post:
fontedivina (02-29-2012)
02-28-2012, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 01:13 PM by claudine.)
Thanks for the 2 chapters, fonte
I admire you for your fantasie, I could never write so exciting.
The story is getting more and more thrilling now. Luxhello Where is chapter 5? Smile
fontedivina (02-29-2012)
02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
I see ANaJ, Smile
So, at least the 4 of us is asking for the next chapter very soon!!!! Big Grin THAnk you Big Grin

fontedivina (02-29-2012)