Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Under the upside-down sky
02-29-2012, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2012 05:46 AM by fontedivina.)
RE: Under the upside-down sky
Dear readers, THANKS for your support! I'm very glad that you like my story! Here's the chapter 5 Ylinlove
You will know more about Areas and the other circus people from it.

CHAPTER 5

At the next stop Areas fed the horses and then he was sitting busy with his favorite thing - fingering guitar strings, when Milana sat near him. Perhaps, of all the girls in their troupe she was the one, to whom he felt the greatest sympathy. May be, it was because she loved to sing, just like he did, and she had a very pleasant and sonorous voice, and may be, because of her gentle disposition and kind heart. Or maybe with these adorable dimples, which appeared on her chubby cheeks, when Milana was smiling, she simply reminded him of his little sister.
- Will you write a song for me? - she asked. - I composed a piece of great lyrics!
- Okay, - Areas smiled. – If you want, we could try to do it together. It’s easy…
An embarrassed smile illuminated the girl’s nice face, framed by little curls.
- I have long wanted to try it, - she confessed, and Areas handed her a guitar.
While they were making up a melody for her new song, Bozhana, dressed in her ballet dress, went out of the van. Areas was totally fascinated by her full of grace movements. According to Tayara, ruthless to other people's shortcomings, he danced worse, than a bag of potatoes, but he enjoyed watching a professional dancer.
After Bozhana the youngest of the circus appeared – a blond-haired juggler Elhan. Nodding to Areas, he also began his rehearsal...

In the morning they arrived to the village called Temekkey. The gray clouds, chasing them all the way and breathing in their back with an autumn bad weather, suddenly froze and did not move. It was weird, but nobody asked questions. Each member of the troupe looked with hope at the large wooden gates, leading into the village. However, Areas did not dare to assume, what was expected. He couldn’t speak freely even with Ingvar and Tayara. He could not trust anyone.
Everyone liked Temekkey very much. The village was rich, and people were hospitable. It seemed, in this oasis nobody has heard of the misfortune, that hit the planet and with tenacity of the cancer was moving farther and farther. People here still were smiling broadly and children played in the streets and ran after the circus’s vans, cackling gleefully. Areas couldn’t help smiling, watching this little corner of the paradise, that hasn’t been touched by the darkness yet. For how will it stay the same? He didn’t even want to think about it. To drive away the gloomy thoughts, the young man took his instrument again and began to softly play the melodies.
Finally, Ingvar ordered to stop at the main market square. Gelin and Ispen immediately began setting the stage, where the show had to be held. Meanwhile Areas and Elhan put the tent, and Ingvar, as usual, directed everyone.
After this Elhan went on rehearsing his new performance (a very complex one), Milana and Bozhana went for the food, and Tayara started a quarrel with Ingvar. Areas didn’t delve into the essence of their conflict and was not even interested in what the capricious girl was dissatisfied with. He sat down with a guitar in his hands again and played until he was not distracted by Tayara’s loud cries.
- You know what? - she inquired Ingvar, who listened to her absolutely indifferently. - I‘m sick of it! I'm leaving!
- Are you? – he asked stolidly. – And where are you going to?
- Anywhere, just to be away from you and your cheap buffoonery! –Tayara’s eyes darted lightnings, and Areas even thought, that this time she could fulfill her threat. But Ingvar still looked at the girl scornfully. Completely angry, she stamped her slender feet in a silver boot and really walked away in a rapid gait, almost knocking down a girl in a peasant dress and with a braid as thick as the hand. Something about this humble and ordinary-looking girl made Areas to take a closer look at her.
- I hope that Ingvar is not gonna dangle after the local girls? - he heard Elhan’s voice, full of indignation. - Or didn’t he learn the old lessons?
Areas felt, that he also did not like the way Ingvar looked at the fair-haired girl with braid. No one should look at her that way – with disdain and impure thoughts. This girl deserved a respectful treatment.
- Don’t worry, - he said to Elhan quietly. - I'll take care, that our ladies’ man wouldn’t hurt anyone!

Ingvar was famous for his ability to have affairs in every town or village, the circus visited. In one of the cities, where they spent a couple of months, he seduced the mayor's daughter and even made her a child. As a result a girl, being madly in love, stated, that she would leave her home and travel with the troupe. Ingvar wasn’t encouraged by such a perspective at all, and he had to cowardly escape.
Areas then often wondered about this poor girl’s fate, and decided, that Ingvar probably had more children around.

Elhan briefly nodded and returned to his occupation, while Areas gave a drink to the horses and came back to playing his guitar. Music has always soothed him. However, even composing a new song, he found himself thinking about that peasant girl. Appearance is deceptive - he had learned that truth long ago, and that is why the modest cloths could not deceive him. The girl had the eyes of a goddess, though, most likely, she did not even know it.

Eskhar was extremely disturbed by everything, that was revealed to him. And now Keyla added him even more concerns, saying, that this evening she was going to see a show of the wandering circus.
- Did your parents allow you to go? – he asked, thoughtfully chewing a blade of grass. Keyla frowned, because it really was a problem.
- They won’t know, - she responded with some hesitation. - Well, I'll invent something.
- I think, you shouldn’t go there, - Eskhar claimed to her great surprise.
- What? - she looked up blankly. - Why?
- I don’t trust those strangers, - a former priest turned his eyes away. - You say they are very attractive, but it is not good...
- You’re afraid, that I might run away with an attractive circus-man? - Keyla grinned. - Well, it is quite possible. But actually I just want to have fun. I'm tired of this endless work in the garden, at the kitchen, with the herd... Besides, Meola promised to give me her dress and do my hair!
Eskhar felt a chill in the chest. He did not understand, why this vague alarm settled in his heart, but he knew, that he had to protect Keyla.
- Don’t go, - he said again. - There is nothing good for you, you will just make your parents mad again, and they will punish you.
- Or we could come together, - Keyla said, skipping more than a half of her friend’s speech, because she remembered again the melody, played by Areas. - Come on! I'm sure, that some fun would be good for you too!
But Eskhar just shook his head.

In the evening Keyla got lost because of countless orders from her sisters and brothers, who were going to watch a circus show. She thought, they would never leave her alone! Even her parents, after hearing, that all the neighbors would be at the market square, decided to visit the guest artists’ performance. Keyla was utterly disappointed, because no one wanted to take her there too. However, her luck suddenly came with Higelak, who suggested his mother to let Keyla go with her friends.
- Let her have some rest, Mother, - Keyla was ready to kiss Higelak for these emotional words, and their Mother suddenly agreed. As for her drunken stepfather, he absolutely did not care, where his stepdaughter was and whether she was alive at all. So, with a light Higelak’s hand, the issue was resolved.

Keyla thought, that her appearance didn’t change much, but the neighbors’ looks let her understand, that no one recognized her. And she just put on one of Meola’s everyday dresses, which she kindly offered, and loosened her hair. Looking in the mirror, Keyla did not notice much change, but her eyes unusually shone with a feverish brilliance. This was due to excitement, which she felt for some reasons, going to a wandering artists’ show. Apparently, this excitement gave the girl those charms, that made even the foolish bumpkin Halfdan, Meola’s boyfriend, look at her through different eyes.
- And you are pretty! – he noticed, stretching his lips into some kind of a smile and showing his rotten teeth. Meola jealously eyed at her friend, already having big doubts, that she’s made a right thing, allowing her to wear her dress.
For this occasion Halfdan himself was dressed as for a harvest festival. Meola's day wasn’t wasted too, and she has built an excellent hairdo on her head: her hair was finely curled and lay on her shoulders, like precious golden bars. "Beauty and the Beast" - once again Keyla thought, looking at Meola next to this awkward redhead guy in his green shirt.
All the villagers found it as their duty to visit the unique performance of the wandering circus; nobody wanted to miss a spectacle like this. Everyone wore his best clothes, saved specially for such occasions, some people were drinking, waiting for the show, in the air there was a spirit of joy, celebration and restless fun, and Keyla realized, that this evening would be as unusual as the whole day.

to be continued...

You're my well of a living water...
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
AnaJerónimo (03-02-2012), elftunde (02-29-2012)
03-02-2012, 02:10 PM
CHAPTER 6

Despite the late evening and darkness, around the stage there was as bright as day, because a lot of large torches were burning. However, at first the girls got no good places, and they couldn’t see anything from behind the backs and the heads of the others, but Halfdan quickly corrected this inadvertence, pushing the neighbors with his broad shoulders. Now Keyla stood right in front of the stage, where the jester with a painted face, wearing a cap with bells, appeared. He was entrusted to lead the show.
Keyla looked with her eyes wide open and she liked, what she saw. There were a juggler and a fire swallower and also the acrobats, incredibly flexible and mobile - those brawny brothers, whose bare torsos made more than one girl's heart in Temekkey tremble. All of them showed their talents, and the crowd admired them, and people threw coins to the stage at their feet.

And then a man came to the stage, and Keyla immediately recognized the handsome guy in a velvet blouse, that embarrassed her so much with his shameless looks. He bowed to the honorable audience and introduced himself as "the director of the circus, illusionist and magician, Prince Ingvar." People in the crowd spoke of him with an enthusiastic whisper. In his both hands Ingvar held two daggers, and the crowd screamed with joy, anticipating the next performance.
The loud cries of the spectators accompanied the appearance of the beauty, that was already known to Keyla. It was the one, who almost knocked the girl down. Ingvar threw daggers at her, and she smiled so sweetly, as if the man was throwing no deadly weapon, but beautiful roses. It looked scary, but the artistes were perfect in their art. If Keyla had money, she would not regret to throw them, too, but her pockets were empty. However, Halfdan suddenly become generous for an applause and the money for the three of them, and Keyla for the first time had the idea, that a wealthy groom wasn’t so bad.

The show continued with a great success, the villagers have seen a lot, and everyone had fun, but the most of all Keyla was waiting for the musician’s performance. When she became desperate to see him again, a fragile ballerina came on the stage, then another girl, who seemed to be a singer, and, finally, there was that guy with his guitar. He was dressed in white, and he looked like a heavenly creature.
- Areas, - she pronounced in a barely audible voice - as if a light breeze rustled. This name sounded as harmonious and perfect as his music, that carried Keyla away into the unknown wonderful new world. At first he played for the singer, and the ballerina was spinning around the stage. Then Areas sang himself.
Hearing again this pure voice, that pierced her essence and filled it to the brim, Keyla felt almost no control of herself. This voice rang like a crystal bell, causing both great joy and deep sadness, and also trembling in the knees. She wanted to sing and dance as well, and she could hardly restrain herself from it, noticing a Meola’s look, full of bewilderment. Only then Keyla suddenly realized, that she still didn’t see the musician’s face.
Areas looked as good as his singing. By the standards of Temekkey he could hardly be called handsome, but Keyla liked everything she saw – his short dark hair, looking so soft, that she wanted to touch it, his slightly upturned upper lip, a bit pointed nose, expressive eyebrows... And Areas also had such a charming smile, that it was impossible not to smile back. So Keyla has long listened to him, smiling broadly. Besides, she was literally hit by his eyes of unusual dark-blue color - Keyla has never seen such eyes. Perhaps, in some way the guitar-player looked less bright, then self-confident and relaxed Ingvar, but the girl could see in him something more, than just a pretty shell. Listening to Areas’s perfect voice, she knew, that she did not care, how he looked. Even if he were humpbacked dwarf, it no longer would be able to make her stop loving his wonderful music, that awakened so many emotions and feelings in her. She wanted to listen to it forever, but soon the musician and the singer, named Milana, finished their performance and together with the ballerina Bozhana they left the stage.

But the show was not over, because something even more interesting was prepared for the respectable audience - prince Ingvar’s focuses. At this time the illusionist was wearing a black cloak, that emphasized his good figure and fitted to his demonic-angelic image. His expressive dark eyes shone like bright torches, placed around the stage, and excited Meola sneakily whispered in Keyla’s ear, that she, perhaps, considered the prince the most attractive man in the world.
Ingvar has shown such amazing things, that fascinated people even stopped drinking and chewing. He seemed to actually own the real secrets of magic, forgotten for centuries, and the audience reacted with violent screams of delight. In a few minutes Ingvar finally made everyone, young and old, especially female, fall in love with him.
- What a cutie! - you could hear from all the sides, and Halfdan jealously eyed at Meola, who was frankly thrilled by Ingvar’s tricks.
When he finished his performance and began to bow to the public, people began to demand to continue. Keyla noticed the fierce fire blazing in Ingvar’s eyes - like the sun splashed its rays. Of course, he was flattered by such an attitude, although he was accustomed to it for a long time, and certainly his premature desire to leave the stage was nothing more, than well-thought-out trick, which once again worked out.
- You want more? - the magician asked insinuatingly the people, who were proud of their disbelief in miracles, and the audience confirmed this desire with a furious roar. - Then I'll show you something else, and it will be the best trick of the evening! I must confess I am a little nervous, because I haven’t showed it yet! And I need a volunteer!
Several men wanted to be the volunteers, but it turned out, that a woman was needed.
- And she’d better be beautiful! – Ingvar said, winking meaningfully to a beautiful half of Temekkey.
Keyla’s neighbors were on the verge of fainting, when Ingvar came to the edge of the stage, looking at their faces, and pointed at the girl, whose curls of ripe wheat color flowed over her shoulders.
- You will you help me, my beauty!
Keyla didn’t immediately realized, that he was addressing to her, and when, with bated breath she accepted his outstretched hand and climbed up the stage, almost all female inhabitants of Temekkey and in particular - her stepmother and sisters - began hating her. Ingvar’s choice was such an unexpected and unpleasant surprise for them, so because of amazement at first they couldn’t even find enough of abusive words.
- I am so glad, that you came, - Ingvar said quietly, helping Keyla to climb up the stage. - You are very beautiful!
She could hardly overcome the embarrassment, that magician’s candid eyes and the resentment of the female part of public put her in. She was almost sorry, that she agreed to help him.
- It’s the first time when somebody says such words to me, - the amazed girl murmured. - What should I do? - she asked, throwing back her long hair, that was bothering her. Ingvar’s look unwittingly fell on her open neck, and for a moment the man was dumbfounded. Was he really that lucky?.. It just couldn’t be true! But remembering, where he was, Ingvar instantly overcame himself and smiled again, this time – to the honorable public.
- Get in this box, beautiful! - he said. - And do not be afraid! - he added in a low voice, winking at Keyla.

Meanwhile a huge box really appeared on the stage, and its top was covered with the blue canopy, embroidered with silver stars, - the acrobats and the juggler brought it. With a theatrical gesture Ingvar lifted the cover to show the audience, that it was completely empty inside. Mistrustfully looking into the box, Keyla went inside. There was the sound of the locker, it became very dark, and suddenly the floor beneath her opened, and she fell down, scarcely restraining a cry, that could easily ruin Ingvar’s trick. She fell on the cushions, that softened her fall, and guessed, that up there Ingvar was probably doing something with the box, and the poor and puzzled spectators went crazy with fear for Keyla’s life.
Her guess was not far from the truth. As soon as Keyla fell under the stage, Ingvar took the swords and rapiers, that were brought to him, and began to ruthlessly stick them in the box, where the girl hid. The crowd gasped in horror. However, some were pleased, for example, Keyla’s stepmother and her sisters, who decided, that "she got exactly, what she’s deserved."

- Aren’t you hurt? - suddenly she heard a quiet and already familiar voice. The darkness under the stage was dispersed by a lonely torch, and in its uncertain light she saw the guitar player, who was leaning on some lever. Keyla was a smart girl and she understood, that with the help of this ingenious device she was lowered under the stage.
- It’s alright, - she said, trying to hide her embarrassment. What a meeting! It was very unexpected and ... nice. As it turned out to be, Keyla herself was not fully aware of how much she wanted to talk to the one, whose voice still sounded in her soul, masterly playing on its strings.
- You are brave, - he noticed. - Not many girls agree to participate in this trick and then don’t scream with horror!
- It all happened so suddenly, - Keyla muttered. - I have no idea, why your…director chose me for this trick...
- Apparently, he liked you, - the young man said, looking at her face. - By the way, right now Ingvar sticks the swords in the box!
- How predictable, - she stated.
- Yes, you're right, but he does it beautifully! - the guitar-player smiled and Keyla smiled again in response. - You like the show, don’t you? - he asked and she nodded.
- It is almost the time for me to get you up, - listening to something up there, he said. - Although I still have a half of a minute... How's your name? If we’ll ever meet again…
- Keyla, - she answered.
- I am Areas, - he introduced himself. - I am very glad to meet you, Keyla.

Because of his warm smile she felt so hot inside her chest, as if in a moment she was put on the equator, where both their suns shone so ruthlessly, that everything living was doomed to a slow and painful death.
At the same time, Keyla felt so alive, as never before. Definitely a new period, full of happy surprises, began in her life. The one, who from a distance seemed far and unreachable, turned out to be so easy to deal with! She could not expect, that such a handsome and talented guy would be so easy to talk to. He seemed to her at least a prince.

- I would like to hear you sing once again, - suddenly for herself she told, and Areas smiled shyly.
- We'll stay in Temekkey for a couple of days more, - he said. - Come to the market place, and I’ll be happy to sing for you again! Now, be careful!
In the next moment trembling from excitement and a lot of new emotions girl was thrown up, and utterly conquered public could see, that Keyla was alive and sharp swords did not hurt her. The audience was in ecstasy, and the step-mother threatened her with a fist: this gesture didn’t herald anything good.

to be continued...

P.S. I don't know, if anyone still read this thinker But I'd like to hear from you, my readers, if you like it. And if you don't like it, I'd like to know, why. I want to have a feedback with you, because it's not so pleasant to post into emptiness Nixweiss Thanks for understanding.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
AnaJerónimo (03-02-2012), claudine (03-05-2012), elftunde (03-02-2012)
03-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm reading it and I like it so far! I'm already looking forward to the next chapter!

[Image: 80e6.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DublinRose for this post:
fontedivina (03-02-2012)
03-02-2012, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 04:17 PM by AnaJerónimo.)
i'm reading to...
And i'm loving it... once i told that i would love to read/buy a book written by you... i'm lost in your story in a good way... * like i was in Sandra's short's story'sBig Grin
both of you are great writers* i keep translating my story, but all by myself, so i take a lil more time Smile one day i'll post it* kisses honeys*
ahhh sory for the double post, but i have to say one more thing..
keyla iscompletely divided-Ingvar- the lady-men, the beauty - the platonic love- the one that we allways thing that is imopssibel to reach, and when those mens call us beautiful we melt...
and then is Areas- with a gorgeous smile, a lovely voice and with those amazing eyes, like a snake-charmer who has the hability to get everything of us, start as friend and then we realize that we love him...

Completely in-love with this triangle*****

"Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause." Charles Chaplin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to AnaJerónimo for this post:
fontedivina (03-03-2012)
03-02-2012, 06:26 PM
As you know, I'm reading too,
and you also know, I'm a fan of your writing. There is nothing I could complain so far.
In the contrary, your story is getting more and more exciting.
Where is chapter 7???????????

[Image: e603d313.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to claudine for this post:
fontedivina (03-03-2012)
03-03-2012, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 07:10 AM by fontedivina.)
Thank you, girls! For me it's important to read my readers' comments, because I'm very interested in what they think might happen next or whether they like my heroes and what my story lacks...The author needs to know it all to see his mistakes and to keep his inspiration!

(03-02-2012 04:10 PM)AnaJerónimo Wrote:  keyla iscompletely divided-Ingvar- the lady-men, the beauty - the platonic love- the one that we allways thing that is imopssibel to reach, and when those mens call us beautiful we melt...
and then is Areas- with a gorgeous smile, a lovely voice and with those amazing eyes, like a snake-charmer who has the hability to get everything of us, start as friend and then we realize that we love him...

Completely in-love with this triangle*****
It's very interesting, @Ana, but I can't say, that this triangle really exists thinker For Keyla Ingvar was the first man - moreover, handsome and new - who noticed her and her beauty. That's why at first she fell for him, but it never could've turned to love I guess... may be he would just seduce her like the others and leave with a broken heart woeful but thanks to Al Maak's gods, Areas came along Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
AnaJerónimo (03-05-2012)
03-03-2012, 09:35 AM
It's a great story Ylinlove Very special and very good written Ylinlove
I'm looking forward to read the next chapter ok

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Corry for this post:
fontedivina (03-03-2012)
03-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Sorry for keeping you wait! Here's chapter 7 Ylinlove

CHAPTER 7

Areas haven’t felt so excited for a long time. He knew perfectly well, that nothing was happening without any reason, and a meeting with a girl named Keyla meant a lot.
He was very glad to see her in the evening among the audience. He had no idea, how badly he has wanted her to come. Now he was singing only for her, and thought only about a chance to talk to her. He surely had to meet her! And Ingvar, without knowing, gave him a truly prince’s gift...

When everyone went to bed, Areas hid behind the tent, pulled a strange-looking device from his bag, turned it on and started typing. After finishing, he returned inside and noticed, that Ingvar was not asleep, slowly sipping wine from his hiking iron mug.
This was a suitable moment for a conversation.
- What do you want from this girl? – Areas asked, preferring to avoid unnecessary ceremonies and go straight to the point.
Ingvar stayed very tranquil.
- What girl do you mean, buddy? - he asked dispassionately, calmly making a good sip.
- The one, who you pulled on the stage today for your trick, - Areas grinned. - Usually you choose the different kind. What are you doing?
Ingvar put the mug down the folding cloth table and gave him a look, full of contempt.
- The fact, that we're bound by a common mission, does not mean, that I am obliged to report to you, - he stated. - You're not my boss, even if you would like it, so mind your own business, man, and don’t pay attention to mine!
- I won’t let you hurt her, - Areas said firmly, piercing the magician with his shrewd eyes. Ingvar sneered and raised his open palms as if in sign of reconciliation.
- But why are you so alarmed? - he asked. - I don’t intend to hurt anyone! She’s just a real beauty, and she’s got the eyes of a goddess... You’ve noticed this too, have you?
Areas shuddered at these words, as if they lashed him like a whip, and he realized with displeasure, that Ingvar was hiding something. He was certainly interested in Keyla not only because she was a pretty girl, there was something else. He mentioned about the "eyes of a goddess" with some purpose. Has Ingvar really felt something too? Or did he already understand something, that was unknown to Areas yet?..
However, the young man realized, that it was useless to inquire. Ingvar was too cunning and shifty to tell the truth.

Her stepmother’s hand was heavy, as a Dwarven hammer, and the first hit with a particular fury she always sent into the girl’s face. Keyla took it obediently, feeling the hot blood running down her cheek to her neck and probably messing Meola’s dress collar. With this one strike anger and irritation in her stepmother’s chest flared up more, as if someone tossed woods into the fire, and she raised her hand again, apparently intending to kick her naughty stepdaughter. But this time something quite unexpected happened - Keyla suddenly caught her hand and deftly averted it to aside. It seemed, that stepmother’s eyes, usually so small and hidden in the folds of her eyelids, suddenly felt too tightly in their sockets.
- Yaor! - she screamed. – Come here! The girl rebelled! Grab her!
Yaor was her stepfather’s name, and despite of the fact, that he could hardly stand up because of the amount of strong alcohol, taken inside, was not slow to appear at the call of his better half.
- Grab her from behind! – stepmother, whose right arm was still in the grip of Keyla’s strong hands, exclaimed. - Do not stand, like a stump!
Stepfather tried to complete the instructions, given to him, but the girl has learned Higelak’s lessons too well. She did not wait for Yaor to grab her from behind and, without facing him, hit him with her elbow on his forehead. She managed to get right between his eyes, and it seemed, that even sparks came out of the poor man’s eyes. Stepfather shouted a terrible curse and instantly jumped away, clutching the aching part. Stepmother did not look too confident as well, and Keyla triumphed.
- You won’t touch me again! - she said clearly and loudly, feeling the warmth in her chest as a delightful sense of independence and self-sufficiency was taking over. She always dreamed about it, and it finally came true! Stepmother seemed to have forgotten, how to talk, and just breathed heavily, looking at Keyla with her unseeing eyes.

Keyla went to her room, but she was too excited to go to bed. Finally, she dared to resist her oppressors, and they retreated, but for how long? And what if after that even worse troubles would follow, and her adoptive parents would make her life unbearable? No, now, that she ate of the luscious fruits of freedom and self-significance, she could not let this happen.
The solution lay somewhere on the surface, it was important not to miss it. Keyla excitedly went back and forth across her tiny room, thinking of her future. These people once swore to love her as their own, and take care of her, but treated as a servant. She was tired of living with them, and therefore she should finally take courage and go. Enough of words, it was time to act. Once she was strong enough to stop the beating, she had to start the realization of the second part of her plan. Keyla suddenly understood, that she would go away with Ingvar’s circus.
Somehow it never occurred to her, that the circus men could refuse to take her with them, it was already taken for granted, that she would find herself some occupation. For example, she might help Ingvar with his tricks. Why not?
Keyla was not sorry to leave the familiar life. She knew, that she wouldn’t miss any of her sisters, nor even Meola. And how much they all would be surprised, when they’d discover her escape! She wished she could see their astonished faces. Thinking about it, Keyla even laughed.
Ahead there lay a freedom and a life full of adventures, and she chose this path consciously. Was it possible to neglect the opportunity to change her boring and monotonous existence? Even if no one in this world believed any more in gods, who, according to the legends, lived at the center of the planet, or in miracles, even if no one craved for new discoveries or for a warrior’s fame, Keyla knew, that soon in her life it all would be.

Her legs carried her quickly to the market place, and Keyla was smiling to herself, imagining a new meeting with the musician named Areas. What was going on? She fell in love with music and a voice – nothing like this ever happened to her before, but she had to admit, that it was awfully pleasant. Or maybe she was in love with the singer already? Thinking about it, she felt burning all over, like a stack of straw, that was set on fire. No, it could not be this way, she tried to convince herself. She didn’t know this man, how could she love someone without knowing him?
Suddenly. as if from nowhere in front of Keyla Eskhar appeared. He looked like he hasn’t slept for several nights - under his eyes the dark shadows lay, and his face was full of despair. His unexpected appearance and unhealthy look scared her.
- Eskhar! - she exclaimed, unwittingly moving back.
- Don’t go to these circus men! – he begged, and she was totally surprised. Keyla has never seen his friend acting like this before.
- But why? – she asked with a puzzled look.
- I’m anticipating trouble, - the shepherd replied. - Do not go there, please!
Hearing this, Keyla could not help trembling, but now, when just a couple of steps separated her from her dreams, nothing could stop her.
- You’re behaving strange, - she noticed. - What is going on with you, Eskhar? You’re scaring me!
- Just trust me, Keyla! - he said fervently, grabbing her hand, which she immediately pulled out. – These are bad people!
- And what made you think so? - suspiciously glancing at the stage, where the ballerina was dancing, she asked. - If I didn’t know you so well, I’d decide, that you're jealous...
Eskhar squeezed a forced smile.
- If this could work, I would say, that I’m in love with you, Keyla! - he cried. - But I'm afraid, you won’t be interested...
- You are my friend, - she said, continuing to be surprised. - And besides, you're very smart, and I'm interested in everything you say. What do you know about these circus men? Are they bushrangers? What did they do?
Eskhar kept silent, feeling his complete failure.
- You're making a mistake, - he said and stepped away, letting her go. Keyla felt, Eskhar might be right in some way, that he knew something, that she didn’t know, and she was ready to listen to him, if only he’d just tell her! But he turned and rapidly went away, and an anxiety there in her soul became a little bigger.
However, nothing in the whole world would make Keyla believe, that Areas - a man, bringing such a beautiful music to the world, could be bad. That’s why she took a deep breath, drove the bad thoughts away and approached the stage, on which Elhan and Milana were sitting.
- Hi. Could you please call Areas? - blushing and stammering, Keyla asked.
- Usually the girls ask for Ingvar, - Milana sneered and hurried to the tent. Elhan smiled encouragingly and embarrassed Keyla felt better.
- Hello, Keyla! - she heard a familiar soft voice and, looking up, she was amazed again by the light, that Areas brought with him.
- Hello, - she replied. – You said I could come…
He answered with a broad smile, that warmed and dispelled the last doubts.
- I have to play for Bozhana, - Areas said. – You can sit right here, - he pointed to the stage and helped the girl climb up there. – Isn’t she a good dancer? - he asked.
Keyla nodded and, dying away with excitement and barely breathing, she sat down next to the guitar player, almost touching his shoulder. Turning back, she saw Ingvar, who left the tent, but after seeing, what was happening, hurriedly returned there. However, the girl immediately forgot about it, because Areas touched the strings...
- Maybe, we could take a walk in the evening? - he asked, when they were saying goodbye. - You could show me your village.
- Sure! – Keyla responded gladly.

Walking turned out great. At first they walked in the streets of Temekkey, and then, after the double sunset and with twilight Keyla led her new friend to the river. There they stood on the bridge for a long time, watching as a whitish haze lazy sneaked over the cooling water.
- It’s a very beautiful place, - Areas said finally.
- It’s very usual, - Keyla shrugged. - Surely you've been to more beautiful places.
- If I have, I forgot it, - he said. - Besides, now at Al Maak unfortunately not many beautiful places left.
She involuntarily sighed and didn’t say anything, watching a bizarre dance of water.
- Do you have here the goddess Nhali’s temples? – Areas asked suddenly, and Keyla shook her head.
- As far as I know, priests don’t have power now, and the temples stay destroyed. Why do you ask?
- I haven’t seen Nhali’s temples for quite a long, but I remember, how incredible they are, - he answered, and there in his tone she heard a hidden sorrow.
- So you were raised as a believer? – the girl asked.
- No, - Areas shook his head. – I was raised far away from here.
- Tell me about free life, - Keyla asked, thinking about the way to let him know, that she’s decided to join their circus. – What is it like – to constantly move?
- It’s interesting, - the young man replied. – But I miss my home…I hope one fine day to return there and never leave it again.
She was struck by grief, that sounded clearer in his words this time.
- Can’t you return right now? – she asked, and Areas only smiled sadly.
- We are not always allowed to do, what we want to.
They stood close to each other, and unconsciously Keyla held Areas, wishing to feel his warmth, and his hands glided, like flexible snakes, winding lightly around her waist. Never before he has experienced such a fascinating feeling and, without thinking, what he was doing, but obeying only to his instinct, he looked in Keyla’s eyes, leaned forward and pressed his lips upon her lips.
Just at the feeling of his hands and lips, Keyla understood, why she avoided anyone, who looked at her with lust, and rejected the guys, who, like Heremod, were trying to touch her. She’s been waiting for these warm hands and these greedy lips, because of which a sweet longing spread all over her body, fulfilling it with the previously unknown desires.
Areas’s lips – warm and soft – touched her like a gentle spring wind, tender and playful. It felt so good, that her head went dizzy, so that she could barely stand on her feet and she laughed because of her own clumsiness. Areas held her and kissed her again and again, marveling at how easily and naturally it all happened between them.
And then he suddenly noticed a birthmark on her neck, but he didn’t care any more.

Ingvar was not asleep again, but sat outside with a bottle. This time he did not bother to use any cups and drank straight from it.
- How was your date? - he asked sarcastically. Areas gave him an angry glance.
- I think, I understand, what you want from this girl, - he said. - You saw her birthmark!
- Apparently, she showed it to you too! - Ingvar was amused. - So, your date really was great! May be, you’d drink for it?
With a smirk he passed his bottle to Areas, but he just turned away.
- You’ve decided to give her to the sacrificers? - his voice was overfilled with contempt. - How low you have fallen! We are here for another business!
- We all read the books about the history of Al Maak, my friend, - Ingvar grinned. - And we know, that the government is changing here, as pictures in a kaleidoscope! Today the priests are in the doghouse, but who knows, what tomorrow will bring?
- Tomorrow this planet will die! – Areas exclaimed. – Or are you gonna stay here?
- Who knows, will it die tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, - the prince sneered. - And I'm probably was a better reader of these books. I know, that there is a chance to save Al Maak, so why can’t we use it?
Areas angrily clenched his fists.
- You really want to do this? - he required, choking with anger. - You want to sell the life of a young woman?
- I understand, that hate speaks for you now, - Ingvar noticed. - After all, your sister was abducted because of the priests’ venality. And I am very sorry. But now it’s a different time and a different situation. And we need to think about ourselves and our rears. This is not my whim.
- How could you ever get into this team? - Areas exclaimed in astonishment.
- Sometimes I really regret, that I got into it, - Ingvar said. - Okay, let’s get back to our cows, as they say in Temekkey. I'm curious, what are you planning to do with this valuable information, buddy?
Areas didn’t answer, though he knew one thing for sure: he would never give Keyla to sacrificers. On the other hand, he had responsibilities, which he could not ignore. He understood, that he should report about everything, that had any connection to the subjects, which interested him, but in this case he considered himself in charge to decide. And he still did not say anything to Ingvar.

to be continued....

I wonder, what do you think about the events in this story now? Why is Eskhar so worried? And what will happen next, what do you think?

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
claudine (03-05-2012), elftunde (03-05-2012)
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 03:45 PM by elftunde.)
Why Eskhar is so worried? Obviously, because he knew that if someone like Ingvar see Keyla`s birthmark they will do, what Areas thought he`ll do! Smile

what will happen, hmm it think, Areas & Keyla will flee from the circus& from Ingvar, but not right now... but soon...First Areas have to figure out how to tell Keyla, why she should go with him. THis way or the other, he has to save Keyla.... i just hope he won`t feel too guilty about not to report this (to god knows who Nixweiss, although i have a guess Big Grin ), and won`t be the last minute, and almost too late!!!!!

NExt chapter, please!!!! Big Grin flower

``Will you know that i`m who need you, I`m so hungry for your love!``

02.05. 1997 Budapest The Kelly Family - 28.12. 1997 Budapest The Kelly Family
23.07. 1999 Budapest The Kelly Family - 13.12. 2011 Dortmund Stille Nacht
29.04. 2012 Budapest Angelo Kelly - 31.05. 2012 Dusseldorf Paddy Kelly (AGAPE)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to elftunde for this post:
fontedivina (03-05-2012)
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks, @Tunde! I like your guesses yes But Areas doesn't have to tell Keyla to come with him, because she's already decided to join the circus! Although their unpredictable destiny will make some changes...I hope, that the next chapter will surprise you.

03-05-2012, 03:54 PM
(03-05-2012 03:50 PM)fontedivina Wrote:  Thanks, @Tunde! I like your guesses yes But Areas doesn't have to tell Keyla to come with him, because she's already decided to join the circus! Although their unpredictable destiny will make some changes...I hope, that the next chapter will surprise you.

No, i meant he has to convince her to leave the circus together, `cause it`s not safe to stay there for them! Smile

Can`t wait, Fonte, CAN`T WAIT! Big Grin

03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
LOL. Tunde, I see, you feel the same as I do Smile
I like the story more and more, and I adore your style of writing fonte.
It:s 4.15 pm now, and the new chapter is not here yet crying
Big Grin

[Image: e603d313.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to claudine for this post:
fontedivina (03-06-2012)
03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Maybe she`s on UK time, here it`s only 3:18 pm.... Big Grin I`ll give her an hour! Tongue Roflmao

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to elftunde for this post:
fontedivina (03-06-2012)
03-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Smile i agree with your version Elftunde* but i think that Eskhar will do something...*

"Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause." Charles Chaplin
fontedivina (03-06-2012)
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 07:04 AM by fontedivina.)
Thank you, my dear girls!!!!

(03-05-2012 04:19 PM)elftunde Wrote:  Maybe she`s on UK time, here it`s only 3:18 pm.... Big Grin I`ll give her an hour! Tongue Roflmao
Unfortunately here's Moscow time and if I'm not mistaken, we have 3 hours of difference with Germany thinker and 4 with UK? thinker Anyway, I'm bad at counting Roflmao

@AnaJ, yeah, Eskhar will play an important role, but a bit later yes And now the next chapter! From it you'll know more about Areas Smile

CHAPTER 8

Of course, Areas understood, that if he didn’t not want to get more attached to Keyla, whom he was going to leave in any case, they were not supposed to meet again. But he couldn’t help it, because when he thought about this unusual girl, he was deprived of his ability to think sanely. He wanted to just be by her side and enjoy every minute of it. He had never experienced nothing like this before, and these new sensations intoxicated him...

When they met, Keyla smiled broadly and hugged him fondly, and Areas, holding her tight, kissed her soft cheek. They walked side by side, their hands intertwined, and it was so natural, that it didn’t cause surprise or questions. They have just finally found each other and didn’t even want to think, that one day they might be parted.
They liked to lie in the thick grass under the stars. Areas softly sang his beautiful songs, while Keyla was eagerly catching every sound.
It all happened so fast – this music, their meeting, dating, sympathy... Keyla was still afraid to mention the word, that always came to her mind, when she thought of Areas. And yet she had no doubts, that suddenly she’s found a love - the one and only and forever. He was the most amazing man in the world – he understood her. Keyla did not think, that such person existed at all, but there he was, lying next to her, holding her hand in his warm hands, and it was truly a miracle! And besides, Areas was composing such wonderful music, that made her want to cry, and when he kissed her, she felt like she was floating among the silent stars.

They talked about many things, and yet one of Keyla’s questions was unexpected for Areas.
- Do you believe in life on other planets? - she asked, and he was taken aback for a moment. Of course, he could talk much on this subject, but his natural reticence prevailed.
- Surely I do, - however he answered.
- I hear confidence in your words, - Keyla noted.
- Because I certainly know one such planet, - Areas said. - It's called Earth, and it’s pretty far from Al Maak, but it's actually quite reachable.
- In what books have you read this? - the girl interrupted impatiently. - Because I have never heard anything like this!
He smiled enigmatically.
- This planet is very beautiful, Keyla, - he continued, enjoying her wide-open eyes, full of amazement. - There is only one sun, but it shines brighter than both Al Maak’s suns. This is a wonderful planet, rich with dense emerald forests and clear oceans. A day lasts there for twenty-four hours, the sun moves slowly, and there is nothing more beautiful, than their sunrises and sunsets, when the sun paints the blue sky with a variety of colors and shades...
Keyla looked at him admiringly.
- Blue sky and the only one sun! I would like to believe it very much, - she said thoughtfully. - It sounds attractive. And if it is true, what was written in the old books, if scary prophecies are true, and Al Maak is doomed to die, I would like to fly away from here...
- I hope you’ll have this opportunity, - Areas said with uncertainty. Keyla smiled sadly.
- It's nice to dream about it instead of thinking about what is happening in our world, - she said. - All these disasters, destruction, death, constant change of power...
- How do you know all this? - he asked in astonishment. Keyla continued to surprise him, at first – with her kind and sympathetic heart, and now – with her extraordinary intelligence and original thinking. Although why would he wonder, knowing her true origin? He was much more worried, that his girlfriend seemed not to even guess about it herself.
- I read it in the books, - she responded. – And my friend told me.
- You are the most extraordinary girl, Keyla, - Areas declared, getting up and looking in her eyes, aspiring to the stars and full of bright hope. In response she just laughed loudly.
- I am a very ordinary, I assure you! - she exclaimed. - And it's better for you to know it at once, so later you won’t be disappointed... – at this she bit her tongue, thinking, that perhaps there wouldn’t be any “laters”. For some reasons she did not dare tell him about her wish to be accepted into the circus troupe.
Areas’s face became extremely serious.
- But this birthmark on his neck, - he began, putting aside a lock of her thick hair to see again the same sign. – Did you always have it?
Keyla shrugged.
- From my birth, - she replied.
- And you don’t know what it means? – Areas inquired.
- And does it have to mean something? – surprised, the girl got up too and touched the birthmark with her finger. - It would be nice to belong to some royal family, - she grinned. – So I could outdo my adoptive parents and nasty sisters...
- Do they hurt you? - he asked quickly. Keyla nodded, and the musician again fell into deep thinking over one idea, that recently visited him and entrenched in his head, like a rusty nail. His determination grew stronger with each passing minute.
- Sing to me once again, - the girl asked. Areas sang, and she listened to him with bated breath.
- I don’t know, how I will live without your music, - finally, she admitted, turning away to avoid him notice the tears in her eyes. Areas’s heart ached. He already knew, that he would not be able to leave her. Forcing Keyla to turn to him, he firmly pressed her to his chest and stroked her hair.
- I know, what we’ll do! - he cried. - You will go with me!
Keyla raised her eyes, full of hope.
- I wanted to ask you about it, but could not bring myself, - she confessed. - I have long been planning to escape from this house. Here’s nothing for me. Please, Areas, take me away!
Instead of an answer he kissed her passionately.
- We will travel together to different countries and cities, - Keyla said dreamily.
- No, I will leave the circus, - Areas suddenly declared. - Apparently, it's time for me to go home!
Keyla was struck by the glitter in his eyes.
- I'll run home and gather some of my stuff, - she said excitedly.
- And in the meantime I’ll talk to Ingvar, - Areas decided. – Let’s meet here in an hour, okay?
Instead of answering she again gave him a burning, like the rays of two Al Maak suns, kiss.

Subsequently Keyla recalled, that, despite the joy of explanation with Areas, she still felt some bad anticipations. But, blinded by this sudden happiness, she did not want to listen to them. However, she couldn’t have changed anything...

The house stood strangely alert. Keyla hoped to quietly gather few of her belongings and run away without telling anyone, but her stepfather and stepmother were in the kitchen, and she had to walk past them. She was surprised, that they didn’t react to her appearance, and that's when anxiety literally boiled over in her blood, forcing the heart tremble in expectation of irreparable harm.
Keyla’s adoptive parents’ throats were cut. Besides, it was made so neatly, without too much blood and dirt, as it could be done only by assassins, trained in a real Nhali’s temple. Where this confidence came from, Keyla did not even think about. Feeling the smell of smoke, she ran into her stepsisters’ bedroom, where a deadly fire already blazed.
Her sisters were in their beds and looked so serene, as if they were peacefully sleeping, while Keyla already knew, that they were dead. The same picture was waiting for her in the brothers’ bedroom, and then she broke down and sobbed aloud. Yes, her parents abused her, and her sisters used her as a maid, and she did not love them, but she never wanted such a terrible fate for them! Who could have done this to them? She had no time to think about it, because at that moment someone hit Keyla’s head, and she fell into oblivion...

to be continued....

And I wonder again about your guesses of what will happen next in this story? yes

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
elftunde (03-20-2012)
03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
@Fontedivina, I keep on reading your story and I really enjoy it. Smile Grazie! Smile

(I think it's a time to start considering a next one. yes Cause we read your storied quickly and the miss the atmosphere until the next one. :yesSmile

Don't know why, but I can't help the imagining of Areas with the long hair. Smile)) lol
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Eire for this post:
fontedivina (03-06-2012)
03-06-2012, 03:32 PM
(03-06-2012 12:03 PM)Eire Wrote:  @Fontedivina, I keep on reading your story and I really enjoy it. Smile Grazie! Smile

Don't know why, but I can't help the imagining of Areas with the long hair. Smile)) lol

Thanks, dear Julia! Smile I'm happy that you like it!

Areas with long hair...I was thinking about it...I don't know exactly why I made him with short hair actually thinker may be because with his long hair Paddy seems a real man for me and with his long hair - just a handsome boy? And in spite of my great love to him as a handsome boy, I wanted my hero to be a real man Roflmao So that's why Areas has short hair.

(03-06-2012 12:03 PM)Eire Wrote:  (I think it's a time to start considering a next one. yes Cause we read your storied quickly and the miss the atmosphere until the next one. :yesSmile
You mean I have to think of a new story already?? But I still haven't finished this one yet. And to tell the truth, so far I don't have good ideas for new stories. I guess my mind is little tired, so I need to give it some rest at first and then we'll see yes But I'm very much grateful to you for your support!

03-06-2012, 03:42 PM
@ Fontedivina, thanks for explaination. Smile I understood that you wanted to make Paddy more grown up, the modern one. Smile
Simply the story is so romantic that I still have in front of my eyes the handsome Paddy from the "An Alien" video. Roflmao
Anyway, it doesn't matter what is the lenght of his hair, I only hope that he WILL help Keyla. Smile)) I won't be totally calm until I finish reading it. Roflmao

Well, I see, but anyway know that "we are ready" for the next one. Smile))
I understand that to read a story is much easier, than to write.
So take your time dear. Wink
And ideas will come, you will see. Wink
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Eire for this post:
fontedivina (03-06-2012)
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Fonte- don't leave us waitting to long... i'm fascinated with the story....
so many questions...

why and who are the biggest right nowSmile

fontedivina (03-07-2012)
03-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Dear readers, sorry for making you wait again! New chapter will be posted tomorrow in the morning.