Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Magdalion (A fantasy story about Barby written by me)
07-11-2009, 11:18 PM
RE: Magdalion (A fantasy story about Barby written by me)
Anthony, if you have some new story later, share it again with us, please. Pray I really like it!

♫ ♫ ♫ Cover the road... ♫ ♫ ♫

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Dear Rachel,
It's almost two years since I had to leave our village, and so much has happened. Can you imagine this, the 'witch' is not only going to get married, but is also pregnant, while she also has adopted a daughter. Let me tell you all about it
You've probably heard about the attack on Tarnoschka. Incidentally that was the town where our teacher Heather would perform during the Spring Feasts and she had invited us. When we arrived the village was destroyed but we found a little girl who wasn't taken prisoner. Her name is Marlayne and she was struck by a spell of Sha'Tarno. With the help of our friends we could save her, and she has stayed with us ever since.
Last month we received a sad message from the king. Although many people of Tarnoschka were saved during the battle which drove away the invaders, Marlayne's parents weren't among them. So Anthony and I decided to officially adopt Marlayne. She's a lovely girl, but I can feel her sadness. I hope the love that Anthony and I are giving her will be enough to help her carry on in her life.
You remember Anthony, right? The Musician who was there on that fateful night, he who saved my life when the villagers wanted to burn the Inn. It's unbelievable, but after that he saved my life once more. And now, at the next newyearsday we will get married! On top of that, I'm expecting our child. Can you believe it how much my life has changed?
Right now, I'm having a break between the lessons. I still play music instruments every day as long as I can. Marlayne also has a lot of talent for Music, so it often happens that the three of us are playing together. A happy musical family.
Right now, Anthony has gone away for a few days. He found a small valley, and he's making plans for a house for us to be built there. It's such a beautiful place, almost completely surrounded by hills, with a forest on the edge, and a nice warm lake. There's a field in the middle of the lake. Anthony was glad to find it, so he doesn't have to cut down trees unnecessarily to build the house.
Anthony...he's so sweet. When he had his final exam at the School, he played a song called "Harlequin". He said that it was a fantasy story about someone who has the gift to make everybody happy, but I understood the lyrics he had written...I could feel his wish to make me happy in his words.
But enough of me now, tell me how are you? I wish I could see you again, dear Rachel. You were always my friend, no matter what, and I wish I could have been there to see your marriage on the last newyearsday. Soon after our child is born, I will try to come back to our village to play. Sure enough they won't attack a Musician, will they?

Take good care of yourself
Love,
your friend Barby
11-09-2009, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2009 01:04 AM by RitiKelly.)
wow @Anthony you post a little more your story!!! i love it, it's adorable, cant wait to read more =)

*.* PatriciaKelly*.* 30thApril Madrid!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2009, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2009 01:12 AM by Proganthony.)
Yes, I hope that by writing down the snippets in my head, like the letter above, I'll get inspiration for Part 3.
11-28-2010, 03:46 AM
an amazing story, thank you Anthony Luxhello

[Image: paddymasignature.jpg]
04-07-2011, 04:28 PM
It's a pity that the author of this great story is no longer coming here. I'd love to express my impressions to him in personal. But I'll do it anyway because I am very much impressed!
I've never liked Barby much but now I saw her with different eyes and it was wonderful. I think it is an awesome idea - to make her a herione of a fantasy story. She really fits it very much! And I could almost feel the author's love to his heroine...

It's a very interesting and touchy story! Especially I liked the 1st part - may be because there were other Kellys and the love between Barby and Anthony was so young... And it's a pity also that there's no the 3rd part of this story woeful I'd like to read it more and more...

You're my well of a living water...
05-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I agree, the first part was the best. Sadly I don't have that much time anymore to work on a long story. If I ever write again about Magdalion and Melodion, it will most likey be short stories.
05-14-2012, 08:55 PM
(11-08-2009 08:39 PM)Anthony Wrote:  There's a field in the middle of the lake.

LOL, field in the middle of the LAKE??? What was I thinking? field in the middle of the VALLEY. Tongue
08-21-2012, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2012 05:34 PM by Daga.)
(05-14-2012 08:55 PM)Proganthony Wrote:  
(11-08-2009 08:39 PM)Anthony Wrote:  There's a field in the middle of the lake.

LOL, field in the middle of the LAKE??? What was I thinking? field in the middle of the VALLEY. Tongue

It's a fantasy story right?? so anything can happen =D who knows the ppl from Melodion can breath in water because they have special gifts since they saved a mermaid called Dagmar..

No just kidding ;D

Like I said... everything is possible in a fantasy story... =D

Blessed Be !
[Image: dagabanner2.jpg]

Love: The Kelly Family, Twilight and TMI
08-21-2012, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2012 05:44 PM by Proganthony.)
True... haha, what miracles can happen because of a writer who's thinking a bit TOO fast, already being at the next sentence while writing another one. Wink

...or, it could have been 'field on an island in the middle of the lake'.
08-21-2012, 05:51 PM
an island into a like that's also not happen in real right??
I like fantasy stuff and things who are not into the real world... like special creatures ;D

Blessed Be !
[Image: dagabanner2.jpg]

Love: The Kelly Family, Twilight and TMI
08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Depends on the size of the lake. When I was in Sweden, we passed through the village Sollerön, and that lies on an island in the Siljan lake.
12-31-2012, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 12:13 AM by Proganthony.)
The Wedding

Barby looked at the mirror while Rachel helped her getting dressed. She was very happy her best friend could be here on this special day. And her family was here too! It was a dream come true.
But there was one person who couldn’t be there. At least, not yet. She placed her hands on her belly. She was six months pregnant now. Another dream come true. Her life had changed so much these past two years. But only in a good way. Was it true then? That once your life had reached the bottom, it only could get better. It really seemed to be that way. She nearly died twice, but instead she was saved both times. And now she was going to marry the man who saved her.
“Are you lost in your dreams again, Barby?”, Rachel said. Barby smiled. “Ah, Rachel, sometimes these last two years seems like a beautiful dream. And I feel like I don’t want to wake up.” Rachel smiled back. “I’m so happy for you. You really deserve a good man, and I’m happy you found him after such a long time.”
“And what about you, Rachel? Next year you’ll be of the age to get married. Is there no good man for you in our town?” Our town? No, it was no longer the hometown for Barby, but it was hard not calling it like that. Two years living in Melodion was a short time compared to the twenty-odd years she lived in that town.
Rachel started to blush, and that was enough for Barby to know the answer. She took Rachel’s hand and said: “I hope the two of you will be just as happy as we are.”
At that moment they were interrupted by a knock on the door. “Barby, are you ready?” It was her brother Jimmy, who would be Barby’s Best Man. With a heart that was beating rapidly from excitement, Barby answered: “Yes, I’m coming!”

On the other side of the Shining Tower Anthony was also preparing for the wedding. “Waiting is always the hardest part”, he said jokingly to his Best Man, a Musician called Mats. Mats lived with his family in Melodion, and Anthony and Barby had become friends with them very quickly. Barby had especially become close friends with Mats’ daughter Johanna, as they both love dancing. As Anthony didn’t have any family, he had asked Mats to be his Best Man.
“Well, if you didn’t have to wait, you would have missed the good news yesterday.” Mats was right: Just before he left Barby yesterday to go to the bachelor’s party, Anthony had received a letter, and read that their house was finally finished. So, after the wedding, they could immediately move into their own house! It seemed as if each new day was becoming more exciting.
At that moment the wedding bells started to ring out. “Well, it’s time to go now. Barby will soon walk down the aisle, so I’d better be there at the circle”.

While the music filled the hallway, Barby tried to be calm while she walked to the big uncovered circle. As the tradition wanted, marriages were always held in the open air, and this year’s Spring had started beautifully. But how could anyone feel calm when that excited moment you’d been looking forward so much had finally arrived? Still, the music helped to calm her down a little bit. Heather had done a great job composing this beautiful music. If Barby wasn’t pregnant now, she would surely have danced on it after the ceremony.
With Jimmy beside her, and Marlayne as her bridesmaid behind her, she moved towards the circle where Anthony was standing. Grandmother Garma, he looks so handsome!
Anthony was wearing a variation of his Musician’s costume, but the sleeves were decorated with roses. His cloak was fastened with a brooch in the shape of a guitar, his favourite instrument, and around his right wrist he wore a bracelet with a painting of a fairy. Barby smiled, it was the bracelet she had given to him on his last birthday. She knew how much he loved her, even without this sign. All she needed to do to know, was to look in his eyes.

A tender breeze blew through Anthony’s hair while he was watching mesmerized at his bride, beautifully dressed in white, her eyes twinkling, her lovely cheeks blooming, flowers in her hair… it felt almost like a dream. The most beautiful woman in the world, and she really loves me.
They both shivered when Anthony stepped forward with his heart shaped necklace and spoke the ritual words. “My name is Anthony. And I call you Barby. I give you my heart, under the protection of Grandmother Garma, and connect my life with yours.”
Barby put the necklace around her neck and then gives her answer: "Under the protection of Garma I accept your heart. In good days and bad, our lives will be as one, until the day that Garma calls us for the Great Journey." Then the two lovers hug, and the Highmaster steps forward with the wedding cord, but Anthony gives him a signal to wait. The guests are surprised, this is highly unusual.
But then Jimmy gave a heart shaped necklace to Barby, which she gave to Anthony with the ritual words, which until then were only spoken by men. “My name is Barby. And I call you Anthony. I give you my heart, under the protection of Grandmother Garma, and connect my life with yours.”
Anthony put the necklace around his neck and answered: "Under the protection of Garma I accept your heart. In good days and bad, our lives will be as one, until the day that Garma calls us for the Great Journey." They hugged again, and Anthony gave a sign to the Highmaster. The Highmaster bound their wrists together with the wedding cord, and Anthony explained to the guests.
“My dear friends and family, this is the most beautiful moment of our lives so far. But it might seem a bit unusual for many of you. Let me say that Barby is not just the woman I love, she’s not just my wife, no! We both felt that when we got married, we had to become equals. And that’s why we both gave our hearts away, like true lovers always have done in their lives.”
There was a short moment of silence, but then Patricia answered: “You’re right, Anthony. And you too, Barby. It should always be this way.” And she continued: “Long live the bride and groom!” To which everyone replied: “Long live the bride and groom!” Barby laughed happily and Anthony cried out: “Now, let the party begin!”

Of course the bride and groom couldn’t resist to play some music themselves. Especially Barby wanted to play as much as possible, despite not being able to dance. But Marlayne was dancing so much as if she wanted to make up for Barby’s absence on the dance floor.
Barby announced: “I’ve got a very special song for my lovely husband. And for the first time ever we’re singing it as a duet. And it’s a waltz, so you all can dance if you like.” Anthony smiled, he remembered her improvising the words when they first met. And so her played the opening chords and started to sing:

I’ll send her a rose and I wonder
Will she cry or will she smile?

Then Barby answered:
Darling, don’t let me down
Don’t get some other one
‘Cause I’m for you

Barby also sang the first chorus:
You’re my sweetest angel, you go to my heart
You’re my sweetest angel, you’ve got the touch to my heart
Baby, yeah!

Then Anthony took over again:
I took her hand and she smiled
Darling, I feel true love
Damn it! I won’t…
Damn it! I won’t let you down
‘Cause I’m for you

The second chorus they sang together as one:
Baby, yeah!

Even the instrumental bridge was a duet as Anthony’s guitar answered Barby’s accordion, and Marlayne beautifully danced. A truly happy family they were.

Then Barby sang the last verse:
I only need my little room
A mirror and a brush
Don’t forget the nicest pillowcase

A strange verse perhaps for some, but Anthony remembered some words were what Barby said on her first day at the Shining Tower. He knew the meaning, it was Barby’s wish to take her as she was. And he promised to do so, always!

Then together they sang the chorus one last time:
Baby, yeah!

The guests cheered loudly when the song was over. Heather gave Barby a big hug and said: “That was beautiful, Barby! You really make me wonder why you asked me to compose the music for the wedding, this song is so much better than I could have written.” Barby blushed and thanked Heather. “But we wouldn’t exclude our best friends. We really are thankful for your hard work.” Heather winked: “I know. But still, you and Anthony are so lucky to have found each other and finding such a strong love.”
“Thank you, Heather,” said Anthony. “But still,” he said while putting his arms around Barby, his hands resting on her belly, “the best has yet to come.” At that moment he felt the baby kicking. Barby laughed. “It seems the baby agrees with you, darling!”
And then, Barby briefly closed her eyes. Thanks to her Elfenblood she could see the other person who together with Anthony had saved her: The spirit of her mother was dancing happily. She would always watch over her beloved daughter, and she could see that everything was finally OK.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Proganthony for this post:
Glen (01-06-2013), lokalamuka (12-31-2012)
01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Thank you, it's so nice to read more of this story.
01-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes, apparently Barby's appearance in Erfurt and Zwickau gave me the inspiration for this scene. But I'm still not sure if there will be a continuation. It was good to write down what I think is the meaning of my fave song, though. (But of course I can be totally wrong, only Barby knows the real meaning.)
04-28-2013, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 03:14 PM by TKF'.)
Thank you for this fantastic story, Anthony! Babydust
Today, I finished the story. I usually don't like fantasy stories, but this one I really liked to read. yes

You have written some important parts, like "children exploitation", that it one of the worst things!

I liked you story, a beautiful story about you and Barby. Aniheart