Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
As the water follows the moon - part 2
10-18-2011, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 11:22 AM by claudine.)
RE: As the water follows the moon - part 2
thank you fonte Ylinlove
I really love the story and the way you write Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to claudine for this post:
fontedivina (10-18-2011)
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
@fontedivina, I just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your story so much. You have real talent.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Glen for this post:
fontedivina (10-18-2011)
10-19-2011, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 06:29 AM by fontedivina.)
4. I try to find the answer
I try to find the reason why
I'm leaving them all behind
But there's something that I will find

Taking this decision, Catarina felt a great relief. From now on everything in her life was defined.
Now she needed to make another step – to find her an appropriate cloister. Professor Myers advised her to pay attention to the Saint Anne’s monastery, which was located just in several hours away from her home town.
- So your relatives and friends won’t have problems with visiting you, - he said. – You can go there now and spend some time while working on your thesis. Take a look and get acquainted with its inhabitants.

Catarina left the town before the dawn to arrive to the monastery with the first rays of the May sun, that was so generous for warmth. Crystalline dew, shimmering with diamond shine, trembled on the leaves, but in spite of a very early hour, several nuns were already working in the garden.
- Good morning. I want to see Mother Anne, - Catarina said and one the nuns – just a girl by her appearance – went inside the building of red brick, that looked quite attractive.
As founder of the convent, Mother Superior’s name was also Anne. She turned out to be a woman in the middle of her forties, very nice and smiling.
- You must be our future Sister Catarina? – she inquired, taking the girl by her hand immediately and carrying her away. – I’m glad to meet you!
Asking Catarina at the same time, if her way to the monastery was easy, and what was the theme of her thesis, Mother Anne managed to tell the story of her abode. St. Anne lived in Germany in the fourteenth century and in her youth she realized, that she could heal people. The Inquisition wanted to burn the poor girl on fire, but the flames wouldn’t flare up, and so instead she was just sent to a monastery, and all her relatives were killed. Anne was able to become a leader among her Sisters and some time later she took the place of the prioress, when the old Mother's time to meet the Lord face to face came. Anne had dedicated her whole life to the monastery, and after her death it was decided to give the cloister her name.
- This is an interesting story, - Catarina said. - You should be very proud to carry the same name!
- You’re so right, Sister, oh, I am sorry, future Sister, - Mother Anne smiled and the girl shuddered. For the first time she was called as she would be till the end of her life, and it sounded unusual, but she had to get used to it.
- You can call me like this, - she said. – I don’t mind.
- That’s good, - concluded the Mother. – Sister Haley will show you your room and introduce you to Father Christopher. He is the priest of our church. One day he will help you to bring the main vows, my daughter.
Catarina nodded and followed the very young nun, who earlier led the Mother Superior to her.
The main building of the monastery was made in the form of a letter "П". In the middle of it there was a common area - the hall for prayers and meetings, the dining room, the library and even the bakery. The novices and sisters were living in their rooms-cells in the east and west wings. The main entrance looked to the north, and in the same direction the monastery church, surrounded from the all three sides by a large beautiful garden, was situated. There were fruit trees and also the main nuns’ and Mother Superior’s pride – rose bushes, that were cared for very much.
- We live modestly, but I hope you won’t be feeling uncomfortable, - the girl said, and Catarina looked around with curiosity. In the small room there was a narrow bed, a desk and a chair. The Bible and a rosary were lying on the desk.
- Sure, - she answered. – I like it here.
- Good, - Sister Haley humbly smiled. - And now let's go and meet with Father Christopher.
To reach the main entrance of the church, the girls had to walk around the high red brick building from the right side, because it looked to the north as well. There was a cemetery in the church yard – according to the rain and wind beaten crosses and blackened with time tombstones, it was very old.
- Father Christopher is like a real father to us all, - the young nun said. – And Mother Anne is like a real mother.
Yeah, this does look like a family, Catarina thought. Was it like this there, where Teddy was? Well, here we go again, she sadly grinned, but she couldn’t help thinking of him...
Father Christopher was a tall and very skinny man in his fifties. His hair, that once apparently was black, now was covered by a noble grey. The shrewd look of the deep brown eyes firstly confused Catarina, who wasn’t expecting so much attention to her person, but after several minutes of talking she felt no longer uncomfortable. The priest was very charming, and this was the mostly because of his a little hoarse, but soft voice, that was so pleasant to listen to. And you wanted to talk to him either.
After the evening prayers, when the sisters gathered in the main hall for their regular occupations, and Catarina, who wasn’t familiar yet with their daily routine, went to her room, she realized, that she has found a new home. She liked these people much - very kind and unhurried Mother Anne, charming and witty Father Christopher and friendly Sister Haley, just a girl, but with such wise for her age eyes. Catarina felt, that they would be good to her and went to sleep with a light heart.

However, not everything was so calm and serene, as Catarina would want it to be. While she was living in the monastery, from time to time she was haunted by the doubts, which she could not share with anyone. Realizing, that she could think it all over better, if at least she’d write everything down, Catarina began keeping a diary. But as it turned out, after she made several records, she wrote mostly about Teddy. All her doubts and reflections over the topic “What could happen, if Catarina would have returned to the worldly life” permanently ended with the thoughts about him. Where he was, what he did, did he think about her as often as she thought about him and did the similar doubts haunt him - that was what worried the girl the most. She thought, that she’s been hiding this very well, and nobody guessed about her hesitations, but she was wrong. Father Christopher seemed to have an X-ray vision and he could read her soul like in the open Bible.
- I see a disarray in you, - he noticed during one of their long conversations, that soon became so usual for them, but Catarina didn’t like them less than before. After hearing this, she felt how her cheeks blushed again. And why did she have this idiotic skin feature? She just hated this! Why couldn’t she stay calm, pale and passionless?..
- It’s all in the past, - she hurried with an answer. – All my disarrays are in the past. Now I know for sure, what I have to do. I’m here for it.
- Are you sure? – asked father Christopher with a doubt. – Because if you are not, you should not stay here.
- But I want to! – she retorted.
- Are you running from something? – the priest assumed. – I don’t want to hurt your feelings, but I’ve seen people like you, Catarina.
- What do you mean? – she asked with confusion. – What have happened to them?
- They all have returned, - he answered.
She swallowed convulsively.
- This won’t happen to me, - she spoke, trying to put confidence to her voice.
- This must be a conscious choice, that you completely realize, but not the escape from your real life, Catarina, - Father Christopher said.
- But this is a conscious choice, - she said stubbornly. – I don’t get, what you’re trying to convince me of. Don’t I understand, what I’m doing? Haven’t I realized anything during all the years of my studies?
- You wanted to fulfill the emptiness in your soul, - he responded. – But soon this will not be enough and you will want to go away to try something else.
Catarina winced. That was exactly what she was afraid of!
- Are you a psychologist? – she asked with displeasure.
- I used to be one, - the holy Father softly smiled. – That’s why I know people a little.
- You may, but you are wrong about me, - objected she. – I want to stay here and I will.
- There is God’s will for everything, child, - he smiled again. – I will pray for you.
After that conversation Catarina finally understood, that she would take a veil in the future. She had no doubt that God was sending her trials and temptations, but she seriously intended to overcome every obstacle. At least once in her life she had to finish, what she’s started. But before she needed to come back to the university and defend her thesis.

Catarina haven’t supposed to grow out of her former way of life so soon. Now everything in the city seemed strange and alien to her, she felt uncomfortable, and the street noise and fussy people bothered her much. She was longing for the monastery and she was glad, when it was over and she could go again. She could not wait to talk to father Christopher.
- I know that by the monastery rules I have to live here as a novice for three years before I could take a veil, - Catarina said when they’ve met again. – But I know that there were cases, when the term was much shorter. I’d like to ask you about it – about the shortening of my trial period.
Holy Father met her words with an amazed glance.
- This is so unexpected, - he noticed. – Why do you hasten so?
She felt confused for a very brief moment, but gathered herself together at once.
- I just don’t see any point in waiting for something I’m so aware of, - she answered. – And my awareness keeps growing with each day. You may still doubt in me and you have all the rights for it, but I’ll prove you, that I deserve to dedicate all my life to God.
Her confidence, persuasion and the burning eyes made a certain impression on father Christopher.
- I have really had some doubts in you, - he said thoughtfully, pulling with his fingers the edge of leather-covered Bible. – And I don’t understand such hurry, but you’re speaking sincere and I can see a strong resolution in your eyes. You’ve really grown up in these several weeks.
- I’ve listened and I’ve learned from you, Father, - the girl confessed. – And I’m so grateful for your advice and support.
- Good, - the priest concluded. – We’ll be watching you, Catarina, and if your behavior is impeccable and your heart – full of desire to serve our Lord, then your trial period will be shortened.
- Thank you, Father, - she lowered her face and humbly kissed his wrinkled hand.
- And one more thing, - he added, putting another hand on her bent head. – Even after the vows you’ll be free to leave the cloister, if you will feel the wish to and if you’ll understand that it’s not the place your soul desires. I want you to know about it.
- This won’t happen, - the girl answered.

That very day marked the beginning of her novitiate at the monastery of St. Anne.

Catarina understood well enough, why novices were not allowed to take a veil at once. Anyone should check out his ability to survive in almost Spartan conditions of the monastery. The sisters slept very little, fed very scantily and almost all the time they were spending in prayer and work. There was not a single moment for idleness, and it was right. Any nun should contain her spirit and body in the strictest purity and not be distracted by worldly things. Problems of the outside world touched the sisters only when they had to pray to the Lord about it.
Catarina soon got used to the new routine. She liked keeping her mind constantly engaged with prayers or monastic concerns - so she had no possibilities to remember Teddy. And in the rare free moments she preferred to talk to Sister Haley or visit Father Christopher. Catarina still kept long (as far as time permitted) and very interesting conversations with him. Gradually, she noticed that the priest began to unclose to her, and she appreciated these moments of frankness very much.
She always wondered very much, how this man could come to St.Anne’s monastery, but she dared not ask. Once he started talking about it.
- I did mention already, that I have a psychological degree, - he began. - As a young man, I was not really inclining to religion or belief, and God existed for me only as a kind of some supreme substance, responsible for keeping our shifting world in order. I came to him only when I was no longer able to take the world itself, and what was going on around me and me myself...
Father Christopher fell silent, staring pensively into the distance, and Catarina was silent too.
- Remember, I told you, that you're running away from reality? - he asked and the girl nodded. - I saw you have the same face expression, that I had in those days. I also ran - from unrequited love, from unsettled life, from endless unresolved problems, that did not leave me alone day or night, from the people, who couldn’t understand me, from the emptiness and futility. I was running… But at first, plunging into the faith and knowledge of God, I was afraid of what I’ve found. I was weak to understand what was best for me, and kept wasting time on an empty pride. It took me many years to come to Him and, kneeling, to recognize his boundless power over me.
He paused again, but then, as if shaking off some kind of stupor, caused by memories, smiled softly.
- It took me very long to take courage for leaving the worldly life, much longer than you, Catarina, - he said. – There was always something that kept me, but in my mind I knew for sure that I was born for this job. So you are much stronger and more determined in some ways than I was. So many times I’ve tried to change the world, in which I lived, but had no idea of how easy it could be done from behind the monastery walls. And I'm glad you’ve realized it too. And I’ve told you all this so that you knew that everybody has doubts, and that's normal, - he added. – That is why you are given so much time.
- I get it, - said Catarina. - It's amazing, but our stories are somewhat similar.
- But mine happened thirty years earlier, - he smiled again. - But I'm glad I met you and I’ll become your spiritual father.
Before saying good-bye to the priest, Catarina hesitated.
- Can I ask you one more question? – she said. Father Christopher nodded.
- Have you ever regretted your choice?
- Not once, - he said and she sighed with relief.
- Good night, holy Father, - she said and went to her room.

to be continued...

You're my well of a living water...
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
Katarzynka (10-19-2011), Sammmy (10-21-2011)
10-19-2011, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 09:52 AM by Katarzynka.)
@Katia, I'm impressed Luxhello like the conversation between Catarina and Father Christopher Smile Thank U Ylinlove

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Katarzynka for this post:
fontedivina (10-19-2011)
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM
everything she said to the Father for me seemed like a real "running away", I felt no sincere wish for being a nun...

[Image: mayte.jpg]

Kelly Family website - come and visit
http://alwaystkf.weebly.com/
Always The Kelly Family
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes, for me it seems also, she is running away from her unfulfilled love to Teddy.

Again very well done Katia, thumbs up!
10-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for your comments! Ylinlove

(10-19-2011 05:04 PM)_Mai_ Wrote:  everything she said to the Father for me seemed like a real "running away", I felt no sincere wish for being a nun...

(10-19-2011 06:37 PM)claudine Wrote:  Yes, for me it seems also, she is running away from her unfulfilled love to Teddy.
Girls, are you psycologists too? Big Grin How could you feel this 'sincere wish'? She felt all messed up and she found her peace in faith, so why wouldn't she make a good nun? thinker She herself truly believes she can! I dont' know why are you so mistrustful Smile

10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
@Katia

Yes, you are right, I am a hobby-psychologist Rofl
When I read a book (and your story is like that), I always speculate what the different
characters could do or feel Smile.
10-21-2011, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 05:42 AM by fontedivina.)
(10-20-2011 09:35 AM)claudine Wrote:  @Katia

Yes, you are right, I am a hobby-psychologist Rofl
When I read a book (and your story is like that), I always speculate what the different
characters could do or feel Smile.
Oh, then I'm very much interested in what you think Catarina will do next? Smile

Here's new chapter!

5. No, no, I didn't learn, no, I didn't learn
'til my hands got burned

Days in the St. Anne's monastery were mostly similar to each other, but Catarina loved it. Only here she finally gained the peace of mind and got the opportunity to think about her life and estimate everything she has achieved. Now she could see perfectly clear, that all her past actions led her to the main goal - to serving, and she was so much grateful to Heaven for this. From now on her life had a special meaning, and each day confirmed it. Now Catarina couldn’t see another way of living.

Time flew by quickly, and soon, making another record in her diary, the girl realized, that she has already spent in the monastery full two years. It was a big time, and exactly in these days Father Christopher told Catarina, that he had requested for her at the last church council (where he occasionally went to represent the interests of the St. Anne’s monastery). The bishop has decided to reduce her probation.
- We were watching you all this time and are pleased with what we’ve seen, - Father Christopher said after summoning the girl. Hearing the solemnity of his tone, Catarina felt her knees tremble. Was this day so close?.. She’s been long preparing for this moment, and yet it was unexpected.
- In a week you'll be able to take a veil and bring high vows, - the priest went on.
- Thank you, Father, - she answered with a smile and kissed his hand.
Back in her room, she knelt down and said a thanksgiving prayer to the Lord and the Virgin Mary.

Catarina knew, that with taking a veil there would be small changes in her life. She has long lived in the St.Anne’s monastery as a novice, observing all its laws, and other nuns called her "Sister". Yet in seven days she had to approach the Lord as close as possible. It really made her felt like a bride before the wedding – nervous, but very happy.
- Congratulations, Sister, - Haley said after the evening prayers. – I’ve heard the news. Not many people are awarded with the honor of taking vows ahead of time.
- Thank you, - Catarina responded. – It’s pretty unexpected, but I’m so glad!

All week long she carefully prepared for the great day - fasting, oblation, confession, and a lot of praying. In general she no longer had any doubts, but still for several times she had the idea, that everything was happening too soon. Perhaps, she should still go to the end of her trial period. But the day has already been appointed, and Catarina could not change anything.
Before bearing the vows she wasn’t sleeping all night, but at the same time she felt an amazing peacefulness inside.
The bishop Rufus arrived to the monastery to perform the ritual. It was a bulky white-haired priest with a very strict face. Some nuns were really afraid of him.
Together with Catarina three more women had to take a veil at the same day. For the first time they were dressed in full monastic robes and in their hands they had burning candles. It was forbidden for relatives and friends to attend the ritual, so there in the church except the priests were only Mother Anne and several Sisters. The beautiful sounds of the organ and the choir added more solemnity to the mystery of what was happening, and Catarina barely held the tears, yearning from the depths of her soul. These were the tears of joy and renovation.
When the sounds of the solemn hymns ceased, in the silence of the church the sisters began to bear the major vows. They formally renounced possession of whatever that may be, cut off any contacts with the outside world (they could only maintain spiritual relations with their closest people), and brought a vow of purity. The most exciting moment came, when the nuns had their hair cut crosswise as a sign of their complete renunciation of the world and of their own will. Then they were given their new monastic names.
After this the bishop Rufus turned to the new nuns.
- Sisters, today our God has taken you to the angelic image. Today for the first time our Lord has tested your strength, your humility, your devotion to His will. When you lived in the world, you carried your crosses everyday. Today you died for the secular life, worldly life, and gave your will in God's hands, giving up your will completely.
Everybody left, but the new nuns stayed in the temple to pray, to read the Psalms and the monastic rule. They had to remain there for three days, leaving it only for the meal.

After these three days Catarina returned to her convent cell. As she expected, her life and her duties have not changed. In some days she was on duty in the kitchen, in others - involved in the flower garden, and the rest of her time was given to praying, praying, praying. There in her soul the blessed peace reigned.
But one day, after morning prayers Sister Haley came to talk to her, and the conversation took a very unexpected turn.
- They should not allow these so-called monks simply come and go! - Haley said indignantly.
- What are you talking about? – Catarina looked at her puzzled.
- I'm talking about those, who come to live in monasteries, calls themselves monks, and then after many years suddenly decide to return to secular life, - said the girl, and her voice was full of righteous indignation. Hearing this, Catarina somehow sensed the excitement and anxiety.
- But which of the sisters are gonna leave? – she asked cautiously.
- Fortunately, none in our monastery, - Haley responded. – It’s just my cousin, she came to see me and told me about her favorite singer Teddy Reily. You should remember this band – “Reily family”? – Catarina grew cold, but she shook her head. - So this Teddy, who was a big "star" (and it can’t be, that you didn’t hear about him!), spent six years in some monastery in France, and now he suddenly decided to drop everything and go back to the music…
- He left the monastery? - Catarina asked in astonishment, feeling that she catastrophically lacked the air for breathing.
- He sure did! – Haley exclaimed. – Can you imagine, whole six years! It’s unbelievable…
- Is it really true? – asked Catarina, trying her best to make her voice sound calm and dispassionately. – And he’s going to sing again?
- Well, still being a monk, he continued to performance during different Christian events and in the churches and cathedrals, - reluctantly said Haley. – And now it seems that he’s gonna do the same…What is it? Why are you so pale? - she asked in surprise, and a young nun swallowed. She could not show her feelings, and she made herself smile.
- It’s alright, I’m just amazed…
- My cousin was delighted by this news, she’s always been a “Reily family” fan, - said Haley, and this time in her voice there was an undisguised contempt. – Don’t you remember them? I guess, all the girls went crazy ten years ago…
- Never heard of them, - Catarina lied and rose sharply. – I need to work in the garden now.
- But, sister, there’s going to be a storm, don’t you hear the thunder? - Haley said. - You will come under the rain, get cold and sick, - she went on, but Catarina was not listening to her, she has already ran from the room, loudly slamming the door behind her.
She just needed to go outside, to breathe deeply this electrified ominous air, to feel the fierce gusts of wind, bending the heavy tree branches to the ground and to sense the first drops of rain on her face.
Catarina could not understand, what happened to her after what she learned from sister Haley. She seemed to be in a daze. Teddy came out of the convent, when she finally came in there. Has she been too hasty? Was it a wrong decision? And what would she have done, if she’d have found about Teddy’s return a few days earlier?..
All these questions attacked Catarina’s head, and probably she knew the answers perfectly well, but she couldn’t even think about it. Armed with a huge garden shears, she tightly compressed her lips and began to frantically cut wet rose bushes, while the storm was gaining its strength.
But the bad weather couldn’t be an obstacle - Catarina didn’t even care about it. She seemed to have lost her ability to feel and didn’t notice cold water jets hitting her face, paid no attention to soaking wet clothes and wasn’t afraid of lightning, shining very close to her. Her body refused to accept what was happening, and her soul seemed to be petrified.
Suddenly she pricked with a rose thorn, and the prick seemed to be very serious. Blood was spurting out of her finger, and Catarina dropped the shears, stood and looked at it for some time, slowly starting to feel something again. Finally the sobbing came from inside her soul.
- Forgive me, God, because I don’t deserve you, - she whispered, shaking from tears and stabbed her nails to her hands in order not to scream…

to be continued...

P.S. Guys, if you read, please, leave comments! It's important for me to know if you like it or not or may be your opinion about the heros and events in this story. Thank you Ylinlove

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
gigi2502 (11-05-2011), Katarzynka (10-21-2011), Sammmy (10-21-2011)
10-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Wow, beautiful, I love the story so far!

[Image: 80e6.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DublinRose for this post:
fontedivina (10-21-2011)
10-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Great!!! your an amazing writer!!Big Grin love your story Ylinlove

Don't dream your life, but live your dreams..
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jacolien for this post:
fontedivina (10-21-2011)
10-21-2011, 11:09 AM
@Sandra, @Jacolien, thank you very much! Your opinions are very important to me yes

10-21-2011, 01:10 PM
"Reily Family" Roflmao @Katia, you're so amazing, very talented woman Ylinlove love your writing style Smile

fontedivina (10-21-2011)
10-21-2011, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 01:17 PM by kriado.)
Love the story Smile just affraid of another unhappy ending
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kriado for this post:
fontedivina (10-21-2011)
10-21-2011, 01:56 PM
your story is wonderful and very exciting Ylinlove
can't wait for the next chapter....................
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to claudine for this post:
fontedivina (10-21-2011)
10-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Dear girls, thank you for your words!
[Image: a0828edfbab9fc481d89fd70e80b496c.gif]

(10-21-2011 01:17 PM)kriado Wrote:  Love the story Smile just affraid of another unhappy ending
Well, I can't say, that the end of the 1st part was unhappy! Nobody died at least Big Grin For me it's for some reasons easier to write about people in hard situations, about suffering people and so on. Can't write about people in happiness Nixweiss I've already said about it. But it doesn't mean that this story can't have a happy end!

10-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Wow!!! Fonte, I´ve got NO words! Read it in one breath again and it´s great and exciting!!! Thank you Ylinlove . Really look forward to next part....Luxhello
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sammmy for this post:
fontedivina (10-22-2011)
10-21-2011, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 10:52 PM by Katarzynka.)
(10-21-2011 03:21 PM)fontedivina Wrote:  Dear girls, thank you for your words!

You really deserve it @Katia Ylinlove

fontedivina (10-22-2011)
10-23-2011, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2011 07:20 AM by fontedivina.)
6. Forgive me, father, for I've sinned
I know your mercy has no end
Save me from this state I'm in
I drifted on again

She knew, that she was waited for and she should return, but she did not want to. Why should she? Here, behind the murky grey shroud, separating her from the real world now, Catarina felt good, because she often saw Teddy. Usually he used to disappear, leaving her again all alone in her cold solitude, but he always came back, and she waited patiently.
This time dressed in white, he was going to meet her again. He smiled broadly and she was warmed by the glow of his gentle smile. Then he opened his arms and, drowning in the tears of joy, she hugged him and hid her face on his chest, feeling such a boundless happiness, that heart simply seemed to burst because of the overwhelming feelings…

Catarina was seriously sick for a long time. The doctors officially diagnosed pneumonia and treated her with antibiotics, but the disease did not wish to deviate. It seemed as if the girl has lost her will to fight and did not want to recover. She quietly faded, deliriously repeating someone's name - again and again.
Yet she was young and had a strong constitution, and therefore gradually she began to return to normal.
- Health severely ruined…
- Needs a good nutrition…
- High risk of complications…
Hardly and reluctantly rising from the depths of a dark ocean of her illness to the surface, Catarina heard the snatches of phrases her doctors exchanged, but it did not bother her. Little she remembered from those days, which she has spent in exhausting heat and pain, that tormented her heart constantly. True, she remembered Teddy, but that didn’t make things easier. She wished, she did not come back to her senses.

After learning, that Catarina finally woke up, Sister Haley immediately rushed to see her.
- I told you, that you'd catch cold and get sick, - she said and gently stroked her friend’s hair. The girl winced and sharply pushed Haley’s hand away. Haley looked up with fear, because Catarina’s face really scared her.
- Forgive me, sister! – Catharine hastily exclaimed, cursing herself for foolishness. But how could she confess, that it seemed to her that it was Teddy’s hand touching her hair? – Forgive me! – she repeated. - I'm still obsessed with the evil demons! I need to pray…
- Well, - readily replied Haley. - If you’ll need something, just call me, sister.
She left, and Catarina could give way to tears. There were much of them, they burned her cheeks, but did not ease the pain. Perhaps, it felt like this, because she worried so much not because of Teddy, but because of her own lies. She hated herself for it. Was Father Christopher right from the very start? After all, he warned her, as if he had seen everything in advance! And why didn’t she listen to him?
In the evening Catarina, still feeling weak, got up from her bed, dressed herself and went to the church. Standing during the entire mass with tears in her eyes, she remained for her confession.
Seeing her, Father Christopher smiled sympathetically.
- I can see that you’ve been crying, my daughter, - he noticed. – But you are still sick and weak, so you have to save your strength and that is why you need to calm down…
- Father, you don’t know the reasons of my worries, - said the girl, not feeling strong enough to look into the eyes of the priest. – You were right about me. I am weak and insignificant.
- Don’t talk like this, - Father Christopher objected. – You don’t know the boundaries of your strength.
Catarina smiled bitterly.
- Let me confess, Father, - she asked. – I need it, although I feel so ashamed of telling about my sins…
But when she finished her confession, holy Father took her palms in his hands, squeezed them tightly, and then looked into her face.
- The only thing that I can tell you, my daughter, is - go and be happy with the one you love, - concluded he with a soft smile.
- No! – Catarina cried fearfully, pulling his hands, because the only thought of this possibility threw her into such a fever, that her illness seemed a pleasant time for her. - Do not chase me, please! I'm happy here with you!
- No one is chasing you, child, - holy Father said. – But you had obviously made a wrong choice.
- Don’t say so, - the girl begged. – I don’t want to go! Here’s my home and my family!
Father Christopher shrugged.
- It’s up for you to decide, but it seems to me, that you don’t belong here…
Catarina returned to her room completely exhausted and fell on the bed, burying her face in the pillow. She was tired both physically and mentally. Father Christopher’s words touched her heart deeply again and made her think painfully. She surely could not resist the temptation to imagine a possible meeting with Teddy, - it was too obvious, and she didn't dare to deny it. But over the years of her life in the monastery she had learned to control herself and resist the temptations, and so she didn’t lie, when she said she did not want to leave. She just couldn’t leave now, when she has brought the sacred vows. In the face of the Lord and the Virgin Mary she couldn’t cowardly turn her back!
She fell asleep with painful feelings, pressing her chest, but woke up strangely calm. As if all the storms and hurricanes, that raged in her heart, suddenly subsided, replaced by a complete calm, but at the same time - by indifference. Apparently, in that night the flame of passion still burning in Catarina’s soul, finally extinguished, - and so the last hope to ever see Teddy and talk to him did die.
The young nun spent her day in work and prayers, and in the evening she went to the church again. Sister Haley met her there with a joyful smile. After the service they sat on a bench and talked. This time Catarina didn’t hurry to run away and hide in her room.
- How are you feeling? – Haley asked, smiling warm-heartedly.
- Thank you, much better, - Catarina said even feeling strong enough to give a smile to her friend in return. – Thanks for your anxiety. Forgive me, if I’ve hurt you by something…
- You haven’t hurt me at all, sister, - Haley retorted. - I’m alright. And if you ever need something – anything, you know, that you can always count on me. If you want to talk, I’m ready to listen. I’m ready to help.
Catarina impulsively embraced her.
- You’re already helping, sister! – she exclaimed. – And as for talking…I can’t talk about it yet. I feel ashamed and I don’t want to take the sin of lying again.
Haley looked at her attentively and thoughtfully.
- Believe me, sister, nobody’s saint here, - she said. – You’d be very surprised, if I’d tell you something about me…And now just answer the question: are you happy here?
- Of course, I am, - Catarina responded with confidence. - Very happy!
In fact she was deeply mistaken. However, this time she was lying not to her friend, but to herself. Catarina just ordered herself to be happy. The only thought, that she’d have to leave this quiet cloister and learn how to survive in the world again put her into horror, and so she has decided to prove to everyone, and mostly - to herself – that she could be consistent.
And yet, she continued to think about Teddy, often even during the Mass and prayers. This was totally unacceptable, but Catarina did not know, how to get rid of this bad habit, and decided, that she deserved a punishment. The monastery ration wasn’t varied and high-calorie at all. But the girl after falling over and over into the same sin – of love to a monk, who wasn’t a monk any more, completely deprived herself of food. She only drank water to maintain her strength, and if she felt, that she was about to faint from hunger, she allowed herself a little piece of bread. After a while the Sisters noticed with anxiety, that Catarina, who was never inclined to stoutness, was gradually transforming into a shadow, and her pale cheeks no longer had any color.
But when Catarina fainted just during the common prayer, Mother Anne had to pay her closest attention to the girl’s condition. She came to the young nun’s room with a plate of soup, a large piece of rye bread and a glass of milk.
- What is going on, my daughter? - she asked, watching how Catarina only ate a spoonful of soup and then pushed away the plate. - Why do you eat so little? I'm not leaving here until you eat it all!
The girl had to obey, though she still couldn’t eat everything, that Mother has brought her.
- Forgive me, - she said after a while. – I was feeling bad. But this won’t happen again.
- You’ve scared us all very much, my daughter, - the prioress confessed. – You’ve recently hardly survived through a severe illness, and you need to eat well! Now I will personally follow up on this!
- Thanks for your care, - Catarina said, feeling her eyes moistened. She wasn’t worthy of such an attention!
After Mother Anne’s leaving Sister Haley came to visit her. There was a tray with two steaming cups in her hands, and Catarina could not help but smile. However, Haley was not smiling at all, and her serious face expression made Catarina understand, that this time she could not avoid a big conversation. Although, now she was ready for it; she wanted to talk about it badly with someone except her confessor.
- I know that there’s something wrong with you, and I care about it, - Haley said, taking a seat at the edge of the bed. – Don’t deny it. I have long noticed this, but I thought it was just my rich imagination, while you continue to suffer and to punish yourself. For how long will this go on? I'm just very worried about you, because now you really are my sister…
Catarina lowered her eyes. How could she let her secrets become so obvious? It was too late to deny it, but she could not dare to start first, and apparently Haley felt her hesitations.
- O.k., may be you would like to hear my story before you tell me yours? – she asked, and Catarina nodded eagerly.

to be continued...

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to fontedivina for this post:
gigi2502 (11-05-2011), Katarzynka (10-24-2011), Sammmy (10-23-2011)
10-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Oh, poor girlwoeful . Fonte, if there won´t be happyend, you got me on conscience!!! Roflmao
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sammmy for this post:
fontedivina (10-23-2011)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  As the water follows the moon (my story inspired by Patrick Kelly) fontedivina 203 24,801 10-16-2011 09:55 AM
Last Post: fontedivina